Special Episode Aliasing
I am a very well ordered person. So I like to have all my episodes of Doctor Who (or any TV show for that matter) in story order and in the same season folder that they fall under. (This can cause issues with specials in between seasons but that's another problem.)

If I was only managing these files with Windows, I wouldn't care. But I'm not. I also manage them to work with XBMC, which uses TheTVDB as a scraper site. The problem that I encounter is that in order for me to get XBMC to recognize these specials, I have to label them as S00Exx. This not only would mean that I have to have the files out of order in the file system, but all these specials go to their own season folder on XBMC named "Specials."

Is there any way for me to tell XBMC that a certain file is a certain episode? I would like to this without using NFO files (or are they INFO, whichever) preferably because they add unnecessary clutter and take up space (it might not be a lot but it's still space).
Use nfo files. They are text files and take up hardly any space (your artwork will use much more disk space). You never have to look at them except when you create them, but they'll take care of the episode sequence issue for you, which is something you do have to look at all the time.
After further exploration on the site, I found this view of Doctor Who Season 7 http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...1024&lid=7 . (They seem to have a view with specials and one without) This indicates to me that TheTVDB has some sort of ordering system other than simply by season. Is there anyway that XBMC can scrape this additional info thus ordering the files for us?
Mine appears to do this anyway...

#totaly off topic:
The new companion for the Doctor is really smoking hot Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
that red dress in s07e01 phwarrrrrrr.
(2013-01-06, 18:27)Martijn Wrote: #totaly off topic:

I suppose they have to compensate for the rubbish with hotness hehehe.

* un1versal runs and hides.

uNi
(2013-01-07, 20:32)uNiversal Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 18:27)Martijn Wrote: #totaly off topic:

I suppose they have to compensate for the rubbish with hotness hehehe.

* uNiversal runs and hides.

uNi

From that comment I understand you have a total lack of any taste and watch the ganggnam video 24/7
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special Episode Aliasing0