[AE] XBMC constantly hogging audio device
I just found this thread after searching the forums for this issue. I have created a Track ticket (#13879) about this issue two weeks ago and thought you guys might not be aware of the problem, but after reading through this thread I noticed that the XBMC developers luckily are aware of it.

Now from a user-perspective I see a few things that could be improved communication-wise in the future when dealing with such things:
  • Add critical issues such as this one as release blockers on Github. This way users can see that this is being worked on and might stop asking stupid questions. And people like me would not start opening Trac tickets, which would probably be a huge time-saver for you devs out there.
  • Another thing you might consider is not bumping RC release numbers if there are critical issues and known regressions. Just a thought. Right now the release schedule looks like the next release is 12.0 final. Since davilla stated that this needs to be fixed in 12.0 you are giving users very little time to actually verify that the problem has been solved. Yes, you could release an additional RC which contains the fix, but this could have been avoided if this known issue would have been set as a release blocker for an earlier RC or beta.

Now please don't get me wrong. I think the XBMC team is doing an awesome job, creating a very cool piece of software. This is just a suggestion from an average user, trying to help you guys in making the XBMC community even cooler.
Main: CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, GFX: AMD RX480 8GB OC, Debian Linux
HTPC: CPU: Intel Core i5-3475S, GFX: Intel HD4000, Gentoo Linux (Kernel 4-stable), Kodi with [email protected] and HD audio, AVR: Denon X6300H with 7.1.4 setup, TV: Samsung [email protected]
Fun: Microsoft XBox, with XBMC :)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AE] XBMC constantly hogging audio device - by direx - 2013-01-14, 01:28

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AE] XBMC constantly hogging audio device51
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.