[RELEASE] Execute user scripts on specific XBMC actions (play starts/stops...)
(2015-09-13, 01:09)jknight2014 Wrote: I am trying to use the XBMC is Idle option but it is not working. Screensaver on and off work but not the idle option. I am calling some python scripts to turn my TV on and off. I would like the TV to turn off a few minuets after my screen saver so I kind of have a warning before it shuts off.

Thanks in advanced!

I tested the idle function on Isengard RC2 and it seems to be working on my system. I pushed a new version that will log idle time information to the log for you to troubleshoot. You will have to edit default.py in the addon's directory to turn the debug on and off. On line 23 change 'idledebug = False' to 'idledebug = True'.

As far as turning your TV off a few minutes after the screen saver starts, obviously you will need to write a timer delay into whatever it is you are calling to turn off the TV. If you want help with that you will need to provide specifics as to what computer and OS you are using, how you are invoking your code from the addon and the code itself.

If you are still having trouble with OnIdle, post your kodi.log to pastebin with the above-mentioned 'idledebug' switch set to True and post the link to the log here.

Messages In This Thread
Great! - by gnorf - 2013-02-27, 22:50
[RELEASE] Pilulli Revisited - by KenV99 - 2014-06-28, 18:18
RE: [RELEASE] Execute user scripts on specific XBMC actions (play starts/stops...) - by KenV99 - 2015-09-13, 13:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Execute user scripts on specific XBMC actions (play starts/stops...)4