Upgrading XBMC Versions
I did not see this already posted, so forgive me if this exists as a sticky someplace.

I recently installed XBMC v12 Frodo RC 2 on December 26th. This was my first time to ever look upon XBMC.

I like it, and now I see that v12 is now at Release Candidate 3.

So, to upgrade, do I simply run the installer or do I need to remove RC2 from my system first (I'd hate to have to reconfigure all the PVR settings again)?
Installing over the top should be just fine for pretty much every platform (unless you are using xbmcbuntu, which works a bit different).
Its on the wiki and been covered numerous times on forums.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...FDebian.3F

That would work for XBMCbuntu too. (its the xbmc/unstable ppa

uNi
Thanks Nate.

Hi uNi. It not easy for a Noobie to keep up on all of the forum sticky posts and all the wiki pages. This being the "XBMC General Discussion" subforum, I'd just expect to find that info here. Sorry to be a bother to you.
No bother, though searching does yield results on Forums (for Linux at least) Wink

Thing is you mention upgrading XBMC but dont give a operative system Its hard to point anyone in right direction, when the information provided is so generic that the answer your bound to get is bound to be generic. :p

Also wiki has FAQ's are platform and OS specific and doesn't require you to read the whole wiki.

Where possible forum stickies point to wiki FAQ's pages anyway and FAQ's pages are a good place to start for a novice.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading XBMC Versions0