Win Keymap: System volume [solved/workaround]
Question 
Hello everyone,

is there any command or something that I can hack into my keymap so that the Windows (8) system volume gets changed (up/down)? Or better, is there a way to link the internal XBMC volume to the system volume?

Thanks!
mh, I also thought about an external program to control the system volume (e.g. nircmd). Is there a way to bind a script/exe or something similar to a key?
I'm thinking about my up and down arrow key to control system volume while in fullscreen videoplayback. I need to use the arrow keys because my remote (apple remote via flirc -> keystrokes) has just seven buttons, i.e. no extra volume control buttons...
yeah, the edited version works. I was just about to post my corrected version when I was wondering that it looks exactly like yours now ;-)

Only problem I still have is when I hold down the arrow key or my remote control button, XBMC or my machine isn't really reacting on time or overall. Tabbing to the desktop (watching the sound icon) shows that the script is apparantly executed a lot of times but the system can't comprehend it, takes a long time to work up all executed scripts....
I probably gonna go for that. So far it is a nice workaround, thanks again shiretoko212!

Best solution in my opinion would still be to (optionally) stick the internal XBMC volume control to the system volume control, but that's problably not possible so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap: System volume [solved/workaround]1