Web Based XBMC
I have been scouring the web looking for some sort of web based media center.

I have a NAS (FreeNAS 8.3) and XBMC (Windows 7) I love having XBMC at home running Sickbeard and couchpotato on the FreeNAS is amazing. (when it is actually working...lol)

Now what I would really love is a web based XBMC.
What I am picturing is a PHP webserver running on the NAS. That server presents a very nice XBMC-like GUI or the awxi interface. but once you select a video or sound file it ether plays it in the browser with a html5 or flash player (would require some sort of back end video server maybe mini-dlna) OR it could just generate a HTML video stream and play in what ever the local video player is like VLC for windows or linux or MXPlayer for android.

I know there are 1 or 2 items like this. most notably is serviio but that will not run on my NAS and I dont like the web interface.

I am going to start pulling apart the awxi source if I can find it to see what might be possible. I am really only a noob php programmer though. I was thinking I want to centralize my XBMC database so when I add a second one they will share a database and this server could also use the same one.

Just want to see if there is a real interest or someone more knowlagable than myself that would want to take on the task.
Why would you put this in these giant letters?
(2013-01-11, 10:37)Nu7s Wrote: Why would you put this in these giant letters?

You know I thought they looked big. But I just assumed it was the font. I must have changed the font size by accident. Fixing it now.

EDIT: That looks much better! Thanks.
Spoon.net allows you to install and run XBMC from a web server, but it requires a console login program downloaded to your pc, which probably wont work on many portable devices. I haven't taken the time to try and add the XBMC mods to it. Others here may be more familiar with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Based XBMC0