[server pr0n] FreeBSD 9.1 + ZFS build
Biggest issue with IPMI I've found is finding decent software to access it - I'm on a Tyan board running an applet I found on the SuperMicro site - sheesh! It will eliminate having to use a monitor or keyboard though so it's worth a little pain I think. A few of the unRAID guys are using the SuperMicro boards with good success, I was a rebel and went Tyan but both are solid - sadly I don't think either allow for overclocking :-) I too expect my system to last me YEARS although I'm quite tempted to upgrade to an Ivy CPU despite the warnings I've been given about compatibility. My fingers are crossed that the Norco doesn't let me down - so far so good. No way in hell I'd spend what SuperMicro wants that's for sure. This thing isn't making me money and until it does SM can keep their hardware, it's too pricey for pure home use IMO. I do like their 5n1 cages for towers though!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [server pr0n] FreeBSD 9.1 + ZFS build - by BLKMGK - 2013-02-15, 21:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[server pr0n] FreeBSD 9.1 + ZFS build0