Manually trigger mass media info update without losing certain info
Sorry, this first post got eaten with a server error (or so I thought) then got double posted. I don't have permission to delete so I just cleared it out to this so it wouldn't be a double post.

Sorry for the mixup.
Is there a way to trigger a mass media update (rescan) of all media without losing critical information such as "watched" flags and date added info? I store all my data (nfo's fanart etc) in the directories with the media by using Ember. (Side question, is there a way to get XBMC to do this?)

My setup:
I have a main DVR setup running XBMC (Eden) on Linux. I have approximately 1400 movies and 2TB worth of TV shows. I have all of it carefully organized and scraped via Ember so all the nfos and fanart etc is in the directories with the media. The reason I went this way is I have 5 other installations (tablets, other computers) of XBMC which point to this big DVR through file shares. I could just add an installation, point it at the share, have it scrape and I knew it would scrape all the media properly, get all the right movie info etc, etc. It would also allow the other installations to maintain their own tracking of watched episodes and movies etc.

This has worked pretty well, but the issue I run into is periodically Ember will have some type of issue (recently IMDB changed so it's scraper broke) and with the meager support it has, it took a good month or two to get it fixed. In that month, I have a ton of movies I've added to my main DVR but the scraped nfo's and fanart are crappy. Now Ember is patched and working again, so I've gone back through and updated the media information in the directories. But I don't want to go through hundreds of movies one by one to refresh the media info (not to mention the other installations).

I know lots has changes even with Eden and now Frodo. I started doing this a long while back and have just stayed with it as it seemed to be working. I'd love to try to do something more automated or functional. I'm VERY open to suggestions. Especially if I'm going about this in a stupid or overly complicated fashion. I'd love if XBMC had a way to store the scraped data with the media. Maybe it does and I just haven't run across it yet.

Anyway, any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joshua

Do a backup of your .xbmc folder before doing this just in case:

1. Go to Videos -> Files and right-click your source. Choose Set content (or Change content or something)
2. Change the scraper temporarily to something else and hit OK. Select no when asked to update information.
3. Right-click the source again and change the scraper back to what it was. This time you choose Yes when asked to update information.

What this does is all ratings, descriptions, artwork etc. are re-scraped but your titles, watched status and stuff like that remains the same.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually trigger mass media info update without losing certain info0