Anyone using a Squeezebox Controller as remote??
Hello guys

First post here so first things first .. thank you so much for an amazing program!!.. once I'm done with getting it all to work and get some life back donations will be coming!!

OK, I've posted this question on Openelec forum and also Squeezebox forum and no one is able to fully answer it so I'm going to recap and see if I can get answers/advice.

I have a 512mb Pi in my living room using Openelec but a TV with no CEC support

I am now looking at ways to control it (beyond my iOS and Android solutions) and before I buy any new hardware I wanted to look at my existing hardware and one of the obvious ones was my Squeezebox Controller.

This is a wireless device so my first question is - Will this control the Pi via the router or will I need to have Wifi enabled on the Pi? .. I'm hoping it will be the first option (like Android/iOs apps) because purchasing a wifi dongle (although cheap) is another thing I need to get working Confused

If the answer is yes then I'm onto the next part of my question

I used this applett http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread...ler-applet and got it installed on my controller but when I put in the IP and Port of my Pi it says it cannot connect and there is nothing I can do to get it working from the applett and I've rebooted the Pi numerous times.

Has anyone on here got this to work on recent builds of XBMC and if they have could it be an Openelec and/or Pi issue?

If this fails I will try Raspbmc and see if it's an OE issue but at the moment I'd like to keep with OE

If anyone can help with this I'd be really grateful

A

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone using a Squeezebox Controller as remote??0