[RELEASE] Check previous episode
Information 
Hey there.
I did not find any addon which has this functionality, so i coded it myself. It is my first addon, so i am eagerly awaiting your responses! Smile

So, what does it do?
Good question. It runs when you start playing a tv show episode and checks the previous episode of that show.
If it is not available, it stops the playback and displays a warning.
If it is available but unwatched, it displays another warning.

... okay... and what is is good for
It is especially made for the new "ondeck" feature.
Imagine the following: You have watched Dexter S4E1 until E6. That was two weeks ago.
Now your ondeck feature tells you: New Dexter Episode! E8!
I totally do not know which the last watched episode was, so i am starting it...

That's my script for! Smile

Sounds nice. Where do i get it?
It is available at the official addon repo, go grab it within xbmc from the "services" category!
Requirements: Frodo! Smile

If you have any issues, feel free to post here. ^_^

Screen
This is a great idea! It could have really come in hand when I was getting Heroes for the family a few years ago and missed nearly half of a season thinking that it had ended early and all of us were lost at the beginning of the new season and I kept on waiting for a flashback to catch us up until I finally googled it and discovered my error. This would have saved me a lot of headaches..

That said I have a bit of a...well not sure that bug is the word, the service is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. I have PseudoTV installed as well as this service and it goes nuts because of all the shows we have that are unwatched. Trying to channel surf results in constant popups while changing channels and selecting not to watch the episode kills the PseudoTV program. Is there any way to code and exception for PseudoTV so the service disables itself while PseudoTV is running?

Thanks!
nice idea. what i would suggest is putting the script name inside the dialog. i can imagine that lot of users who install addons without paying attention won´t know how to disable this again since it probably feels like a core feature.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Might be worth seeing if you could make this a patch for the Skin Widgets addon.
Did install this.. but uninstalled it again after a few..
The popup gets a little annoying if you tend to delete the watched episode before watching a new one.
So please if you integrate this in skin widgets, make it optional.

thnx
If you delete an episode before watching the next then the new one wont get picked up by Skin Widgets!
Great work, this is really useful! I can't count the amount of times I've accidentally skipped episodes.

An issue I've noticed with this though is that when using external players, the player still loads and starts to play the file, despite not having clicked yes/no from the prompt yet. Is there any way this could be fixed?

Either way, cool addon, thanks!
Great idea this Nod It fits with how I'm using XBMC at the moment. I always go back and check that the episode I'm about to watch from recently added is the next in sequence (a little OCD perhaps Wink) so this'll bring peace of mind and far fewer clicks.

Thanks Smile
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Great add-on - so simple Smile
I wish there was just an addon that would scan every season of every series I have on my library and tell me which episodes are missing. This works well though too.
Hi all, thanks for your kind words! I totally missed checking my own thread here.
So about the script, i just updated it with support for the transifex system so the popup will be localized in the future! *yay*

I need to install the pseudoTV addon for myself, have no use for it myself, so i will check how i can add an exception for it! Thanks for the mention.
Same for external player. Will check how to detect it.

I am not participating in the skin widgets plugin, but i think my plugin works great with it. You get the "next episode to watch" from skin widgets and if one is missing it will tell you.

So, if you have any other ideas, post them here! Smile
Oh yes, and the script is available via the official addon repo!
Confused unfortunately 0.2.0 is not available for download , i remove 0,1,0 , and the new one does nothingConfused

rasberry pi fredo on bord
(2013-06-01, 15:54)tomtomclub Wrote: Confused unfortunately 0.2.0 is not available for download , i remove 0,1,0 , and the new one does nothingConfused

Hey there! You are right, something seems to be broken in the repo. Sad I contacted the repo admins for the error. Until it is fixed i uploaded the script to my dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6451...pisode.zip
(2013-06-01, 21:18)Lucleonhart Wrote:
(2013-06-01, 15:54)tomtomclub Wrote: Confused unfortunately 0.2.0 is not available for download , i remove 0,1,0 , and the new one does nothingConfused

Hey there! You are right, something seems to be broken in the repo. Sad I contacted the repo admins for the error. Until it is fixed i uploaded the script to my dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6451...pisode.zip

thanx you i I really miss it I take him out of your dropbox :
Hi, that dropbox link is broken for me, can anyone else confirm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Check previous episode2