• 6(current)
Win HOW-TO setup Boblight for Windows and Boblight XBMC
Thumbs Up 
HI EgYpT,

The "Proccessing" tool from the Adafruit site, is old and not so fast...

If you want a easy setup you should download AmbiBox

http://www.ir-max.ru/download.php?lang=english#

I know this site seems not legit.. but it is.. its just some russian who made this awesome easy tool :-)

just play around with it and let me know if you need any help....
(2014-01-25, 02:03)EgYpT Wrote: Hi guys, I need to know one simple thing: is this boblight add-on (and boblight in general) fundamental to use an adalight system on XBMC?

I want to follow step by step the famous guide of adalight (the adafruit's guide), but there's no mention of boblight (except in "advanced topics" section) because they use Processing IDE instead of boblight.
Is the adalight system working on XBMC with the Processing IDE setting instead of boblight?

Thanks!

Processing is not a good tool. Don't use that. You can go also for a software like Prismatik. You might also consider using boblight. There are some usable versions in this thread I guess.
undefined
undefined
(2014-01-27, 23:22)MrHenky Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 02:03)EgYpT Wrote: Hi guys, I need to know one simple thing: is this boblight add-on (and boblight in general) fundamental to use an adalight system on XBMC?

I want to follow step by step the famous guide of adalight (the adafruit's guide), but there's no mention of boblight (except in "advanced topics" section) because they use Processing IDE instead of boblight.
Is the adalight system working on XBMC with the Processing IDE setting instead of boblight?

Thanks!

Processing is not a good tool. Don't use that. You can go also for a software like Prismatik. You might also consider using boblight. There are some usable versions in this thread I guess.

Thank you so much and sorry for the delay.
I'll try Prismatik and then boblight Smile
I am having the same error as Oxize above - stackdump although it appears to be working ok to that point.

Code:
C:\boblightd>boblightd.exe -c boblight.conf
(InitLog)                       start of log /Users/b808/.boblight/boblightd.log
(PrintFlags)                    starting boblightd -c boblight.conf
(CConfig::LoadConfigFromFile)   opening boblight.conf
(CConfig::CheckConfig)          checking config lines
(CConfig::CheckConfig)          config lines valid
(CConfig::BuildConfig)          building config
(CConfig::BuildConfig)          built config successfully
(main)                          starting devices
(CClientsHandler::Process)      opening listening socket on *:19333
(CDevice::Process)              ambilight: starting
(CDevice::Process)              ambilight: setting up
      0 [unknown (0x11F0)] boblightd 5360 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to boblightd.exe.stackdump

Any ideas? I am using the conf above
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Could you upload or post the content of the .stackdump file?

But I guess if its working that shouldnt be a problem.
I have followed these instructions and set up the config file but there seems to be something weird going on. I will open the start.exe and the command prompt will flash then disappear. I was able to take a screen shot through some perfect timing.

I am using a lightpack 30LED system, on windows 7 64-bit. I believe i have the config file correct but will attach it here. When I open XBMC it says it cannot connect to Boblight, I assume that boblight never actually opens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[global]
port 19333

[device]
name lightpack
type lightpack
output
channels 30
interval 20000
rate 115200
debug off

Here is also what the stackdump says:

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=6CB48E7F
eax=00003F62 ebx=FFFACC4A ecx=FFFACBF2 edx=00004198 esi=80061738 edi=FFFACC4A
ebp=FFFACBCC esp=FFFACBCC program=C:\boblightd\boblightd.exe, pid 3032, thread unknown (0xFF0)
cs=0023 ds=002B es=002B fs=0053 gs=002B ss=002B
Stack trace:
Frame Function Args
End of stack trace
Doesnt seem to start. If it does you should see something in the console.

Try to right click on boblightd.exe -> properties -> compatibility and check Run as admin.

That should solve the problem.
(2014-02-13, 23:00)TeKo Wrote: Doesnt seem to start. If it does you should see something in the console.

Try to right click on boblightd.exe -> properties -> compatibility and check Run as admin.

That should solve the problem.

I tried that and it produces the same result. Any other ideas?

I did attempt to run boblightd.exe through the command prompt (run as administrator) and got this error:

ERROR: unable to make directory /home/user/.boblight/:
Nosuch file or directory
(PrintFlags) starting boblightd
(CConfig::LoadCOnfigFromFile) opening /etc/bob/light.conf
(CConfig::LoadCOnfigFromFile) ERROR: etc/boblight.config: No such file or directory
thats normal its looking for the linux file structure, thats why you have to use the "-c" command with the path to the boblight.conf.
Also stack dumps here, it's not the admin compatibility and it's not that it can't access the .conf file.

Same error message, although I could pass it on for you.

Interestingly I built my own version of the latest source using Cygwin and it does the same thing...

Do you have any older builds I can try out?
Nope sorry, formated my PC and only have the latest version on mediafire.

But since you have everything setup to compile just checkout an older version and compile it.

But I dont think its going to help.
Yep thought of doing that too, but haven't got round to it yet.

Are you doing anything special to handle the USB stuff in Cygwin? I'm a bit out of it in working on the Unix side of things, but I thought libusb had limitations on Windows.. Unless they have fixed that in newer builds.

Could be related to a newer firmware on Lightpack I guess. If I have any luck I will post back in here.
I switched the Lightpack driver to WinUSB using Zadig and commented out the libusb_detach_kernel_driver call from lightpack device code. It works for me now without crashing. Not sure if WinUSB is really required so I'll have a bit more of a play to find out.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO setup Boblight for Windows and Boblight XBMC6