Solved Extra fanart in Infowall
Hi, on the Infowall view for movies, the window that shows the fanart (in the lower right area) I'm trying to change that to show extra fanart, I know that the line that controls that is in the "variables.xml" file and is the line:
Code:
<value condition="Container.Content(movies) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">special://skin/backgrounds/fallback_movies.jpg</value>
under Addonwall.

Does anyone know what I can change it to to show extra fanart rather then fanart?

Edit:
Done, if you want extra fanart in Infowall view, see post #13
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart/]

changin the line you quoted will only make it show up when no database fanart is available (which is rarely the case i think)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Ok thanks Phil Smile
Logo's Made So Far:
I did it Smile turns out I only had to modify the "Viewtype_AddonWall.xml" file.. anyway, if anyone else want to have rotating extrafanart rather then just fanart, find:

Code:
<control type="image">
                            <width>573</width>
                            <height>322</height>
                            <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                            <include condition="Window.IsActive(pictures)">Aspectratio_Keep</include>
                            <include condition="!Window.IsActive(pictures)">Aspectratio_Scale</include>
                            <texture background="true" fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/videos/videos.jpg">$VAR[InfoWallPreviewTextureVar]</texture>
                            <visible>!Player.Hasvideo</visible>
                            <include>Animation_VisibleChange200</include>
                        </control>

And replace with:

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
                            <width>573</width>
                            <height>322</height>
                <timeperimage>3000</timeperimage>
                <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]\extrafanart</imagepath>
                        </control>

I'm sure theres a much better way to do this dirty hack, but for now thats as far as I got, and it works Smile
Logo's Made So Far:
better solution would be to add
<value condition="Container.Content(movies) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart)) + !SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://1/7/)">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart/]</value>
after the line you mentioned. that also works with sets and doesn´t break other stuff.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
The line I mentioned in the first post? (Sorry you lost me)
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-01-11, 01:50)ShadowTek Wrote: The line I mentioned in the first post? (Sorry you lost me)

yes
Ok, thats where I thought you ment, but when I add it there, I don't get any images?
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-01-11, 01:56)ShadowTek Wrote: Ok, thats where I thought you ment, but when I add it there, I don't get any images?

if you have movies with extrafanart but without database fanart then remove the !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))
Ok thanks Phil for your help, I think I'm missing something probably obvious then, I'll keep working on it and post when I figure it out Smile
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-01-11, 02:09)ShadowTek Wrote: Ok thanks Phil for your help, I think I'm missing something probably obvious then, I'll keep working on it and post when I figure it out Smile

oops, sorry, you also have to change the control from image to multiimage (+ <texture> --> <imagepath> )
Yup, thats got it! Thanks for your time and help Phil!!!!
Logo's Made So Far:
I wanted this change because though I used to use the low list view, its just impractical now with 700 movies and infowall is perfect, but after collecting 5 extra fanarts for all my movies (and making/screen capturing the ones that didnt) It seemed like a waste to not have my extra fan art, anyway....

If anyone else wants to have there extra fanart show up in the Infowall View and don't wanna piece together the posts in this thread:.

Open variables.xml

Find:
Code:
<value condition="Container.Content(movies) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">special://skin/backgrounds/fallback_movies.jpg</value>
After add new line:
Code:
<value condition="Container.Content(movies) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart)) + !SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://1/7/)">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart/]</value>

Open Viewtype_AddonWall.xml

Find:
Code:
<control type="image">
                            <width>573</width>
                            <height>322</height>
                            <texture background="true" fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/videos/videos.jpg">$VAR[InfoWallPreviewTextureVar]</texture>
                        </control>

Replace with:
Code:
<control type="image">
                            <width>573</width>
                            <height>322</height>
                            <fadetime>300</fadetime>
                        </control>
                        <control type="multiimage">
                            <width>573</width>
                            <height>322</height>
                <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
                            <fadetime>FanartCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                <timeperimage>3000</timeperimage>
                <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]\extrafanart</imagepath>
                        </control>

Thanks again to Phil for the help.
Logo's Made So Far:
you don´t need the image control. only multiimage control is sufficient.
Yeah but I use Info Wall for my TV episodes (not to select the actual TV show, but the episodes listing) and without it, no image shows up.
Logo's Made So Far:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra fanart in Infowall1