Linux no audio + stuttering when using DTS-HD
Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/dE20p0YU
Version: 12.0-RC3 Git:85a9576 Compiled on Jan 6th 2013
Ubuntu 12.10 x86_64
installed with ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba-testing

as hardware i got a triplecore amd cpu, with an amd HD5450 graphics cars (using the proprietary amd drivers with xvba enabled). on normal playback the cpu cores got about 2-4% load each.
i got an onkyo tx-nr616 AVR (it's dts-hd compatible). xbmc pc is connected via hdmi (on the HD5450) to the AVR.

yet, when i want to view something with DTS-HD enabled, i get 2 fps and no audio at all. i can see that the "hdmi" light on the AVR continues to switch on and off every second. i can see the picture, but cannot hear anything. cpu load is about 2% on each core.

when i uncheck the "DTS-HD capable receiver" option, i get normal playback with sound (receiver recognized dts signal!)

anyone got an idea?
But you dont get HD audio in Linux with ATI - compliments of AMD developers, its a limitation of the driver.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aud...x_in_Linux

So yes you need to verify your settings and go complain to AMD shortchanging Linux users Wink

uNi
(2013-01-12, 10:13)ulukay Wrote: when i uncheck the "DTS-HD capable receiver" option, i get normal playback with sound (receiver recognized dts signal!)

That is because you're then sending the DTS core signal to your receiver, not the HD audio. Like uNi said it's a driver limitation.
Hi All,

I also have some problems and found this thread while looking for a solution.
I have a nvidia ION330 and almost the same problem.
Now the video is ok (not stuttering anymore) but I hear only noise instead of sound.
When I deselect DTS-HD capable receiver the problem is also solved but ofcourse i want to use my receiver:-)
Is this also a problem with the drivers as above?

My receiver is: Marantz SR6007
The release i use: 12.0 Frodo RC3 (XBMC Buntu)

Thanks for the advise!

Jesse
@jesses

ION330 is incapable of HD audio passthrough disable all of it, it doesn't matter what receiver you have or what it can do.

uNi

afaik ION1 does not support HD audio passthrough
(2013-01-14, 12:17)uNiversal Wrote: @jesses

ION330 is incapable of HD audio passthrough disable all of it, it doesn't matter what receiver you have or what it can do.

uNi

Thx for your help!
Can you please advise me what to buy if I want to solve this?
Newer ION?

Thanks!
Hi there !

I have the exacy same problem ... and pasted questions about a similar problem in this thread,
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154455

Have you had any luck getting HD-Audio to work on the ION 330 Huh

Kind regards,
Hi there !

I have the exacly same problem ... and pasted questions about a similar problem in this thread,
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154455

Have you had any luck getting HD-Audio to work on the ION 330

I'm pasting again here so I can select the "Subscrive and receive email notifications of new replies" which wasn't available in the "quick reply" - sorry for the duplicate.

Kind regards,
Ulukay, I think I have the same problem as you. When I try to play a file with dts-hd sound the video becomes very choppy but when I change the audio device to analogue the video plays fine. Do you actually get surround sound when you uncheck the dts option?
@lord02

ION330 NO HD AUIDO as it not able to do it, only LPCM up to 7.1 @192kHz
Yup ^

Only way to get HD audio on an ION1 setup is to get the DTSMA/TrueHD track and encode it as FLAC then mux it in place of the DTSMA/TrueHD track...It's my preferred solution anyway even on platforms that can do DTSMA/TrueHD, you will need eac3to and a registered software containing the Arcsoft DTS decoder to get DTSMA decoded with eac3to, otherwise you'll just get the core which is obviously pointless.

TrueHD -> FLAC up to 5.1 is "free", won't need a paid decoder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no audio + stuttering when using DTS-HD0