XBMC won't play files from certain hard drive
XBMC has been just fine for a long time. And then out of nowhere, it refuses to play any files off one of my specific hard drives. All of the others work just fine. There's nothing wrong with that hard drive of question. All of the files play just fine in VLC player or Windows Media Player, but XBMC won't have anything to do with them. They don't show up in the library and when I go to the Files view, I can see them and go to the episodes or movies....but they won't play.

I updated to the latest nightly build and still the same thing.

Help?

(Windows 7)

xbmc.log is saying " tvshow does not exist yet" when trying to play those files.
http://pastebin.com/1bNXEfgN

full log

Also, all files have been scrapped before.
Anyone?
You need to first enable debug log (wiki)ging, try to play some of those files in Files view and then upload a new debug log (wiki) to pastebin and post the assigned URL for the new log here.

Also, bumping your own thread in less than 5 hours is a bit premature. Unless you have some new information to add, you should wait at least 24 hours. Thanks.
I apologize. I'm just worried that this isn't solvable because it has never come up before on these forums. I tried doing my research first before posting for help.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27923

There's the debug log. Still saying "tvshow does not exist yet."
Please tell me what other info I can provide to help.
Anything I can post to this thread to help out in information?
Still just says "tvshow does not exist yet"

EDIT:::::::::::::

Looks like a bug with the newest stash of nightlies. For some reason, I had to go in and manually grab the TV information in the Files menu for the last 11 TV shows on that hard drive (alphabetic order). All of which had been working previously this whole time with correct tags.

Strange.
Did you try with the default skin?
I have the exact same issue. I too have to go manually update the TV shows information in the Files section. I turned on the debug file, but all I get is ...

ERROR: CGUIWindowVideoBase::ShowIMDB: could not add episode [Z:\PVR\TV_Shows\Spartacus\Season 3\Spartacus - S03E05 - Blood Brothers.mp4]. tvshow does not exist yet..

That's just one example. Whether I have an NFO file with the episode doesn't seem to make a difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't play files from certain hard drive0