• 34(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
koying other people reporting same issue that new apk u posted it runs a lotttt better but it breaks most of plugins i tested it even youtube plugin not working i reverted back to 19/02 release to check on that all plugins like bbc iplayer i tv youtube etc loads perfect on new release when you try to play any of videos in these plugins it crashes xbmc so please can you fix that it might be some bug causing it cos like i said on 19/02 release plugins work ok
(2013-04-06, 10:29)Razieal Wrote: koying other people reporting same issue that new apk u posted it runs a lotttt better but it breaks most of plugins i tested it even youtube plugin not working i reverted back to 19/02 release to check on that all plugins like bbc iplayer i tv youtube etc loads perfect on new release when you try to play any of videos in these plugins it crashes xbmc so please can you fix that it might be some bug causing it cos like i said on 19/02 release plugins work ok

Minix Neo G4, live streams give a FC on this Gotham release. Thanks for the hard work.
hope it can be fixed
Any of the developers interested in porting the Rockchip player based on Java?
Last http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk release works like a charm with my Nexus 4 Stock ROM 4.2.2 with Motley Kernel.

Playback of 1080i/p and 720p works without any problems. Also streaming over my private network streaming server Meezmo as Upnp source works perfect!

Please keep up this great work!

Btw.: I miss Nexus 4 device as working devices in wiki. Maybe somone can add it.
(2013-04-06, 18:52)JamesWong Wrote: Any of the developers interested in porting the Rockchip player based on Java?
Well, if you have sources, and assuming you cannot open them to the general public, you can make them available to me and I will tell you if somebody would be able to make something out of it.
My device:

"android tv box"
CPU: cortex a9 dual core, 1.6Ghz, Rk3066
GPU: Mali-400 MP4
RAM: 1GB DDR3
Firmware: U2.411.000.11.130204
Kernel: 3.0.8+

Videos from http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/ in top/down order

XBMC: gotham alpha2 (04/04)

Results:

01. doesn't play - crashes the app - debug log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10356

02. plays with low framerate, between 9-10 fps
03. plays with low framerate, between 9-10 fps
04. plays fine, around 30 fps
05. plays fine, 24 fps stable
06. stutters a bit, between 22-25 fps
07. also stutters just a little bit, around 24-25 fps
08. plays fine - 30 fps
09. plays fine - 30 fps
10. plays fine - 30 fps

debug log for videos 2-10 here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10357
(2013-04-05, 18:35)StealthOne Wrote: I tested the recent build posted (Gotham + libstagefright) on my ODroid U2 running CM10.1. Works like a charm. I only tested 720p streamed over the network, but that used to be a bit choppy with software decoding and now it looks great.

Seconded! 1080p plays flawlessly over network on my Odroid U2, thank you for the great work.

Unfortunately, addons like Youtube are broken, but once that's sorted, the Odroid might be ready to replace my RasPi.
(2013-04-06, 10:29)Razieal Wrote: koying other people reporting same issue that new apk u posted it runs a lotttt better but it breaks most of plugins i tested it even youtube plugin not working i reverted back to 19/02 release to check on that all plugins like bbc iplayer i tv youtube etc loads perfect on new release when you try to play any of videos in these plugins it crashes xbmc so please can you fix that it might be some bug causing it cos like i said on 19/02 release plugins work ok

My device is:

Dual Core RK3066 SOC running at 1.6Ghz
1GB of ram
8GB of NAND storage
Wifi b/g/n RK901
Micro SD card slot
2x Micro USB (1 for power)
Full size USB Host
HDMI 1.4 female male port
Reset Button

And I have same problem as Razieal. XBMC Gotham ALPHA 2 just breaks when I try to play video from xbmc addons, youtube etc. HW decoding is working great for 720p played from sd card. Thank you very much for your hard work.
LG Nexus 4
Android 4.2.2

All tested video playing great and locked at 24fps (1080p mkv files).

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10684
should realease new version where all plugins fixed most of us keep saying most of video plugins not working it crashes xbmc when you try to play videos thru live plugins even yt
(2013-04-09, 17:01)Razieal Wrote: should realease new version where all plugins fixed
Should wait for Alpha 3. We don't have a release cycle just for the fun of it...
Or build yourself, ofc...
(2013-04-05, 10:31)Mafarricos Wrote: The Gotham release on my Minix Neo G4 doesn't works well with all plugins. Youtube plugin doesn't play videos. Some plugin's doesn't show page X/Y, etc.

About the HW decoding it seems equal to the 02/19 release, for now I'm going back to that release.

Went back to the 12.1 version, think, so far is the better version on my Minix Neo X5, but with some videos have to turn off the HW decoding, some does not work with, Other than that it's great. Had not seen any HW decoding option with the Gotham release.
Just been trying this on my ODroid U2 - mostly is seems to be working quite well, but I can't get any HD channels working via PVR (using Mediaportal as backend).

I'm not sure if you are even expecting this type of stuff to be working yet, but I've attached a debug log just in-case.
I have only tried with the Gotham Alpha 2 release so far, it just gives a black screen on HD channels - non HD seem to work OK.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10870

Let me know if I can get a sample video or something that may help.
(2013-04-06, 20:50)Koying Wrote:
(2013-04-06, 18:52)JamesWong Wrote: Any of the developers interested in porting the Rockchip player based on Java?
Well, if you have sources, and assuming you cannot open them to the general public, you can make them available to me and I will tell you if somebody would be able to make something out of it.

I do have the code and I would like to work out something along the lines of a built-in player.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10