• 35(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
Perhaps a dumb question, but where do I drop libstagefright.so for the manual update ?
(2013-04-12, 12:53)dcabro Wrote: You may want to stop that off-topic discussion. If you can help the devs please do so, but do not spam the thread. There are people (like me) who are subscribed to this thread cause they want to see posts related to libstagefright.
Indeed. Removing OT messages...
I'm on a ODROID U2. I have problems skipping through some videos and resuming from last watched time. Is this universal and known? I saw something mentioned but couldn't tell. If not, should I post a log? Great work so far.
(2013-04-12, 16:03)droshi Wrote: I'm on a ODROID U2. I have problems skipping through some videos and resuming from last watched time. Is this universal and known? I saw something mentioned but couldn't tell. If not, should I post a log? Great work so far.
I did tests on ODROID U2 and didn't notice those issues, although I indeed saw other people complaining.

Which firmware are you using? I'm using the stock ICS and looks like the CM 10.1 one is ok, too.
Could you send in some logs?
Koying, I have tried it on CM10.1 with ODROID U2, I was experiencing the same issues.
I only used it briefly, then rolled back to an older version, but I'll install it again over the weekend and get some logs, if that would help?
I suspect that it might have something to do with SMB, as playing local videos appeared to be fine.
HW Acceleration works well with 720p videos on Nexus 10 Smile
Yeah I'm on CM10.1 and was playing only over SMB. I'll do some more testing this weekend and upload some logs.
Works perfectly on my nexus 10, amazing job! 720p and 1080p work perfectly. One thing to note is that in all videos 720 or 1080, when subtitles are enabled it hangs for like 200ms before it displays the subtitle line every time, which can always get fixed by disabling subtitle. Beside that it's great!
After testing it looks like it may be SMB related, going to try out NFS and some other protocols to see. Also, throughout the builds I'm having periodic issues where the movie will stumble for a second or two, it's frequency seems to be related to the size of the movie, almost like a buffer is getting too full then has to stop decoding for a second to clear out. Again this could be network related so going to do some more tests and try out just a USB hard drive and see what I can find out.

Overall great progress, I've been tracking this from the beginning and it's doing really well now.
Maybe it's the wrong place, but i would like to know if a 12.2 version of xbmc with libstagefright is in the making?
If there is no plan to an "semi-official" (if i get it right, libstagefright support is unfficial) release, could some one provide some help on how to build this (again, if possible)? i'm willing to try, but onestly i don't have much experience in cross compiling for another arch, and don't know what switch to enable and what not for an android build.
(2013-04-15, 13:43)ZIOLele Wrote: Maybe it's the wrong place, but i would like to know if a 12.2 version of xbmc with libstagefright is in the making?
If there is no plan to an "semi-official" (if i get it right, libstagefright support is unfficial) release, could some one provide some help on how to build this (again, if possible)? i'm willing to try, but onestly i don't have much experience in cross compiling for another arch, and don't know what switch to enable and what not for an android build.

I believe it's already been said earlier on in this post, but the answer was no. The XBMC team isn't working on it. But you can...if you check out the readme on github it has all the instructions to build xbmc for android.
(2013-04-15, 16:11)droshi Wrote:
(2013-04-15, 13:43)ZIOLele Wrote: Maybe it's the wrong place, but i would like to know if a 12.2 version of xbmc with libstagefright is in the making?

I believe it's already been said earlier on in this post, but the answer was no. The XBMC team isn't working on it. But you can...if you check out the readme on github it has all the instructions to build xbmc for android.

Yes i've tried that, but i'm not so sure i'm doing it right, ence my posting :-D

In particular, reading the readme, when i t says to build dependencies i see it try to use x86_64 as final cpu for target and for host. I don't think it's right since my goal is to build an environment for android (arm processor) i've tried to use --with-cpu=armv7 and --with-cpu=arm but it insists
in using x86_64. As i've said i'm no expert at cross compiling, that's why I'm asking for some pointers.
Very Good Job on latest Gotham Build
Running On Nexus 4
playing 720p mkv over NFS with ASS subtitles and running perfectly
I would just like to echo that I have the same problems as droshi. I have issues streaming video over SMB (Ethernet if that is relevant) on the latest build posted in this thread. The 2/19 builds works fine for streaming video.

I would also like to echo the issue with a small stutter every 10 minutes or so resulting in a drop of 5-10 frames. Audio is unaffected by this stuttering issue. It does not appear to be an issue with buffering at all as I've watched the status screen and it hasn't dropped at all.

All these issues were on CM 10.1, but I do not think they are a CM specific issue.
Hi,
Rockchip 3066 finless mx1 1.7 dongle upgraded libstagefright

material BBC HD h264 high profile 1920x1080
streamed via mythpvrplugin or UPnp results the same

default install Alpha 2 (advanced settings) xbmc uses software and delivers 9fps
forced listagefright xbmc fluctuates 9-15 fps eventually chokes and crashes xbmc
softwarerender 'true' xbmc chokes and wont play , but only the player no crash.

inbuilt ehomemediaplayer streamed via UPNP plays this content without issues so the failings are all XBMC and not hadrware limitations
Given 90% of UK hd content will come from OTA BBC broadcasts this is a major failing for the success of XBMC on this platform.

I will post logs if you want them but having read this thread, you are all well aware of the pipeline issues this version of xbmc has and given the developers comments I suspect XBMC will never be a viable solution on the rk3066 given the appalling HD performance and lack of audio pass through there are lots of cheaper and better performing platforms to base an XBMC based home media center on.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10