• 47(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
The July 3 build just tested on 3 Nexus devices with the test videos from the first comment, the results are:

Nexus 10 (stock Android 4.2.2, 1.7 GHz dual-core Cortex-A15 CPU, Mali T-604 GPU, 2 GB RAM)
Nexus 7 (stock Android 4.2.2, 1.2 GHz quad-core Cortex-A9 Nvidia Tegra 3 T30L, 416 MHz 12-core Nvidia GeForce ULP, 1 GB RAM)
- all are "fast forward", too fast

Galaxy Nexus GSM (stock Android 4.2.1, 1.2 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9, 384 MHz PowerVR SGX540, 1 GB RAM)
- 2 didn't start (or too slow buffering): Matrix, Monsters
- 2 app exit: Planet mkv, HDDVD
- 2 too slow: Planet mp4, Birds
- the others were too fast

And I tried to find the log files but I had no success (the debug was enabled, xbmc restarted, the dynamic values were visible in the upper left corner), on the N10 and GNex there was xbmc[..] subfolder under the Android\Data but without xbmc or xbmc.old log files (I tried to search for it on all devices and I checked the cache folders too), on the N7 there was no xbmc[..] under Android/data.

I checked the video play with disabled debuging too, but the results were the same.
downloaded 13.0-ALPHA5 Git:20130703-8bc564d from page 1, its running on a OUYA.

I used the iTunes trailers plug in and played Pacific Rim trailer 3 (720p AAC 2.0)

it definatly didnt run smooth (although it showed the framerate around 23-25 FPS)

I'm not sure if its just the file, or its my TV but the audio was quite low, i had to pump up the volume just to get it to hear it normally.

heres the log file http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=34599

(making this post from my OUYA)

just a side note, the first time i tried playing the above video it didnt buffer enough and stopped playing, but when it started playing again the frames was massivly jumping around (stuttering, playing old frames in place of new ones) and then XBMC crashed, when i tried to restart XBMC but said it had a corrupt storage and needed cleared, unfortunatly it would not upload the log fine (deleted ?), i tried to unselect upload only current log file but it didnt work. the above log file is from a second attempt.
Beta 5 doesn't work on the Odroid-U2 (Exynos 4412 Prime) either. It's very choppy and seems to display the same "fast-forward" behavior that everyone else is experiencing.
The fast forward bug has been present not only on android but also on the windows nightlies so I'd say this is a bug in xbmc gothan itself rather than a specific android bug.
It's been happening to me on any nightly build in the last 3-4 weeks.
on any video with more than 2 channel audio.
You play the video. No audio and it's like it's seeking forward even though selected on play
Can someone provide links to all the alpha builds. Some earlier builds work better for me on different devices. Thanks in advance forum.
(2013-07-09, 01:57)robbdeeze Wrote: Can someone provide links to all the alpha builds. Some earlier builds work better for me on different devices. Thanks in advance forum.

All of the historical builds can be found here :-

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/
Just installed alpha1 on my ouya. Seems to run pretty smooth, interface is snappier compared to my asrock 330. Sound also plays fine out of the box (hdmi to my tv which is stereo only so assuming xbmc is turing dolby 5.1/DTS into stereo). Just three ISO files that dont play, one dvd two bluray. Can somone point me in a direction how to get the logs from the ouya?
(2013-07-10, 21:19)kees667 Wrote: Just installed alpha1 on my ouya. Seems to run pretty smooth, interface is snappier compared to my asrock 330. Sound also plays fine out of the box (hdmi to my tv which is stereo only so assuming xbmc is turing dolby 5.1/DTS into stereo). Just three ISO files that dont play, one dvd two bluray. Can somone point me in a direction how to get the logs from the ouya?

While in XBMC press O on programs, select program add-ons, select get more and look for XBMC log uploader and install that. Make sure debug logging is enabled (setting is in system/settings/system/debugging and select enable debug logging. Restart XBMC and try to play what you are having issues with, once done trying to play those files go to programs/program add-ons and select XBMC log uploader which will upload the log file (you set a email so that you can get a direct link to the log file, and you simply just paste the link here)
Thanks but that would post my nas passwords online. At least when I get my debug logs from my asrock they are visible in the log. I'd like to get the file to my windows pc so I can edit them out before posting.
I just got me Ouya and started to install and test XBMC immediatly. I downloaded the latest build (because I really wanted to test it and find bug when necessary).

The only problem at this moment is that with the latest build, I cannot use the on-screen-keyboard, the D-Pad doesn't do anything, and my touchscreen on the controller for the mouse also doesn't respond (that did work in Alpha1). I am sorry if this is a known problem, but I would like to install the XMBC Log uploader, but cannot input an e-mailaddress to e-mail them to me.
(2013-07-11, 07:27)kees667 Wrote: Thanks but that would post my nas passwords online. At least when I get my debug logs from my asrock they are visible in the log. I'd like to get the file to my windows pc so I can edit them out before posting.

Can't you just edit the upload before you post the link?
(2013-04-05, 18:35)StealthOne Wrote: I tested the recent build posted (Gotham + libstagefright) on my ODroid U2 running CM10.1. Works like a charm. I only tested 720p streamed over the network, but that used to be a bit choppy with software decoding and now it looks great. Keep up the good work!

My tests weren't extensive so I haven't encountered any bugs yet.

Which build would that be exactly? I've tried b5 which has the skipping problem, b4 works but will randomly crash while playing a video, and a few others seem to have random problem (dropping frames due to lack of hw accel or other thing)
I've added another build which should solve most playback issues.
I did a test with alpha 6, 14-7-2013
Samsung tab 2 10.1

This is the log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36886

There is one big problem libstagefright seams not available,
I can not see it under setting >video>playback like i can see it in alpha 1.
Playing videos in alpha 6,1channel dvd quality stutter, those do not give problems in alpha 1.
(2013-07-14, 19:28)hstegeman Wrote: I did a test with alpha 6, 14-7-2013
Samsung tab 2 10.1

This is the log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36886
I see no file being played in this log

(2013-07-14, 19:28)hstegeman Wrote: There is one big problem libstagefright seams not available,
I can not see it under setting >video>playback like i can see it in alpha 1.
Settings are now "levelized" or whatever. You have to be in "expert" settings mode to see it. It can be changed thru the side bar in settings (confluence only, afaik).
Anyway, libstagefright should be on by default...
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10