Linux [solved] Movie-scraper stopped working
Hi,

I am using the beta-version of xbmc. Recently my movie-scraper stopped working. Downgrading to stable didn't help so I reinstalled unstable and the problem persists.

One day a few weeks ago the scraper stopped adding new movies to the database. When I run [update database] the progress bar indicates that movies are found and claims to look them up in the imdb. After the progress bar has disappeared, no new movies are added to the xbmc db, though. If I select one of these movies and hit [Info] a window pops up, prompting me for the movie name to search for in imdb. The file-name is already filled in and if I hit [Done] the window disappears for a moment and comes right back. I can fill in whatever I want, like "Terminator" but the window keeps coming back. I have checked every setting, I disabled and re-enabled the imdb-plugin but can't find a solution. Strangely I can't find any topics related to that exact behavior in the forums, so I open this one.

Yesterday I got a message like "Cannot connect to the service" (or to imdb, didn't write it down), which I did not have before. Weird. xbmc is properly connected the the internet, I get the news-ticker alright as well as (nothing but bad) weather. Wink

Maybe anyone here has an idea, would be great!

Best regards, ((( atom )))
All that bla bla bla and we dont now what scraper that is. You mention IMDB a lot but dont specifically say what scraper it is your using. Heck you dont even post a debug.log or say what OS you running and is somehow expecting some "idea"

If your using IMDB scraper then know it is dead, no more, forget it, so use universal scraper or tvdb.

uNi

Yes, all that blablabla, because I never fully understood the scraper-system. I always used the scraper which is active by default and choose imdb within that scraper. So tried to explain my problem as best as I could. My bad? OS clearly is Linux, as the title-prefix states. I didn't post a debug-log, because I guessed that the problem lies somewhere obvious, which indeed it did. So you were able to help me right away, why the ranting? I'll fire it up in a bit (it's not here) and try the recommended scrapers. Thanks a lot for the hint, I guess that will do the trick! Smile
...works like a charm now!
The "ranting" because your supposed to make it easy for someone to help, not to have us guessing. Smile

I was 1 click away to ignore this and leave you to your luck Smile

for future reference this is the info required http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655

Glad your sorted, feel free to mark thread as solved.

uNi
Ok, acknowledged. I'll markt this one solved then, thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved] Movie-scraper stopped working0