Trouble getting audio to work via hdmi passthrough.
I guess I stand corrected.

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
(2013-01-25, 12:40)matt77303 Wrote: I guess I stand corrected.

Matt

Sorry for sounding harsh earlier, I was raging at another HDMI-related issue and my nerves were short.
I still don't understand how you got this working. I just put my 210 in and I don't get hd audio.

Nothing.

It's a asus card.

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
Im saying this once because i actually read the info on the mythtv wiki that nickr posted.

According to said wiki it claims some GT210 support HD audio and some dont + thrrwoing in the wildcard of depending on the connected AVR, if your card supports HBR as wiki says then maybe it supports HD audio if it doesnt then likely NOT.

Personally I have no experience with 2xx or ION2 (which IIRC is based on 2xx card) so I cant say for sure what works or not without going by what users report or some random information on a wiki that hasnt been updated in a long time

My guess is most will not support HD audio specially if the AVR has to be something specific. NAd since wiki doesnt specify and thers a complete lack of info my guess is most will not.

But you guys welcome to discuss this, maybe someone will post something of consequence and this info can be added to XBMC wiki.

uNi
(2013-01-24, 11:36)negge Wrote:
(2013-01-17, 09:24)David1977 Wrote:
(2013-01-17, 00:41)marlintuna Wrote: What exactly does that mean?

That means, if Matt answers correctly, that you can´t get HD-audio with this card. You will only get the core tracks (DTS or DolbyDigital) via HDMI.

Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about. HD audio works perfectly on the GT210. Maybe if people would stop spreading blatant lies on this forum less people would be in need of help.

haha I was just coming back to this thread to report back that HD audio works. I had HD audio disabled but I didn't have any HD audio content. I finally got some and enabled HD audio and it worked great.
Feel free to update this page http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aud...ed_to_work

All of you please and TIA

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble getting audio to work via hdmi passthrough.0