Amlogic TV Box with XBMC 1080P Playback
+2 Go get them tiger!
Oh man, I am enjoying this Android Battle!

Smile

Hopefully something good will come out of it in a few months time. A stable, powerful Android XBMC receiver that works perfectly out of the box. I will pay up to $300 for one of those.
(2013-01-18, 20:57)ozkhan1 Wrote: Oh man, I am enjoying this Android Battle!

Smile

Hopefully something good will come out of it in a few months time. A stable, powerful Android XBMC receiver that works perfectly out of the box. I will pay up to $300 for one of those.

ouya for 99$ with xbmc support & quad core in a couple of months now Smile
Come back to x86, mon.
(2013-01-18, 15:53)Ned Scott Wrote: Violating the GPL... that's a paddlin'

I am proud to say that I gave you your 100th rep point for this post.

Also, this thread got a hell of a lot more entertaining since I last read it.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
(2013-01-19, 04:59)ragedogg69 Wrote: I am proud to say that I gave you your 100th rep point for this post.

Soon I'll have enough for that inflatable "GIRL POWER" mallet:

I think if we start by helping them understand it could create something more - because from her responses she clearly doesn't understand what the general public license consist of. The company Visson is in violation with (gnu)Amlogic's new legality standpoint on the open source structure in their product - the kernel source should be out there to the public and if not I don't think they should be able to tag XBMC, Amlogic, or anything else "open" they are using within this device. With her answers it makes like Visson wants to take from the community and not give back......this is stealing Shirley - do you understand now? If you want to know more about XBMC you have to know the skeleton that is keeping it active and growing - the community, if you close them out I am sure it will be a negative for your company. I have read nothing but negativity for this device - so much written poorly about it without a true review so far tells you what the users want and willing to pay for these days. This is a result of you digging a ditch for your company with a "kill yourself attitude" - people want a device that is theirs upon purchase - not proprietary until your sales slow down and then you want to "help" the community. We have seen it all here within the XBMC community and so many companies sporting XBMC without SUPPORTING the purpose. If you want to start getting to know the XBMC community better, be obliged to supporting the cause and show your gratitude beyond what others have done in the past. (Cough's out G-box in a following head shake).
^^ hint, paragraphs make reading reading, specially if you native lang is not english.
I will get a free box for testing from a importer here in Sweden. Will be very interesting to see how that 1080p hw decoding in XBMC works...
Consulted with Amlogic this day.
no duty to offer source code but have right to reserve it.
as MX is new to TV Box, engineer said will offer to u all later when time is ok.
I m sorry for that.
(2013-01-21, 15:45)Vissontech Wrote: Consulted with Amlogic this day.
as MX is new to TV Box, engineer said will offer to u all later when time is ok.
I m sorry for that.

So basically stall until your sales fall? Loving the tactics :p

and the excuse:
you're new to this so you're going to refuse giving your customers something they clearly have the right to demand?

What kind of company are you guys running?!
"no duty to offer source code", perhaps you need to review what it means to use GPLv2 licensed source code. OpenSource does not mean you can do what you want. There are restrictions that are spelled out in GPLv2 licensing. If you do not choose to abide by the terms, then you are not allowed to use it.
(2013-01-21, 15:45)Vissontech Wrote: Consulted with Amlogic this day.
I m sorry for that.

(2013-01-21, 18:59)davilla Wrote: "no duty to offer source code", perhaps you need to review what it means to use GPLv2 licensed source code. OpenSource does not mean you can do what you want. There are restrictions that are spelled out in GPLv2 licensing. If you do not choose to abide by the terms, then you are not allowed to use it.

Precisely. This is very straightforward.
You can certainly use it, just not distribute it!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What would be possible to play in this hw with xbmc now? Any chance of getting that hw decoding to work on 1080p? Any possibility to run Linux with xbmc on it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic TV Box with XBMC 1080P Playback2