frodo RC3 very slow to exit
Just a "me too" - Frodo RC3 on my linux (Mint 13 64 bit) laptop. I run it on the lappie to test the new version, check db scraping etc. I run it often in windowed mode so I can alt-tab to the forums when answering questions etc. However the delay seems to occur whether windowed or fullscreen.

Sometimes it takes ages to exit, sometimes almost immediate. At times I have got so sick of waiting I kill it from the commandline.

I am not running mysql accesses on this one, it is a standalone database.

If I can capture the behaviour in a debug log I will post it, but as it doesn't occur every time, it is hard to isolate.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-01-17, 10:05)godfreydanials Wrote: I do not think my problem is caused by latency for these reasons:

1) I had this same network configuration, server and library with Eden. My Exit times were fast then.

2) I just connected the xbmc server direct to the NAS (mysql server and media) with full-duplex gigabit copper. The average of 2 Exit times increased to three minutes and fifty seconds!

I firmly believe this is a problem in xbmc.

I can see what the issue is, not sure how to fix it. RA == Recently added, its RA job that we are waiting for to close and the issue is that your library takes that long to respond.

on my side(18K songs, 900 movies, 6000 Tvshows) recently added takes 2-3 seconds, and shutdown times are 4-5 seconds at the most. Gig network into ubuntu server.

Eden is not the same as Frodo, things have changed in regards to how library is called and how many calls we make to it. if your server is on the slow side it could have impact on closing /retrieval times
might be worth taking a good look at the mysql logs. Might just be some index missing or something.
(2013-01-17, 12:00)wsnipex Wrote: might be worth taking a good look at the mysql logs. Might just be some index missing or something.
I see nothing unusual in the mysql common or error logs.
(2013-01-17, 11:18)amet Wrote: I can see what the issue is, not sure how to fix it. RA == Recently added, its RA job that we are waiting for to close and the issue is that your library takes that long to respond.
This sounds like a design flaw. If the User asked XBMC to exit, xbmc should kill the RA process (and any others pending) and exit.
(2013-01-18, 22:41)godfreydanials Wrote: This sounds like a design flaw. If the User asked XBMC to exit, xbmc should kill the RA process (and any others pending) and exit.

I agree, thing is that just killing RA process while its connected to MySql DB could (and I am not sure it does) have some ill effects. thats why the process finishes and then we continue closing XBMC.

I have tried looking at it, but since it shuts down here in less than 3 seconds I cant really reproduce it to debug it..... woudl need to try and slow my DB down to be able to debug.
I had been seeing a problem at an increasing rate with the xbmc server booting. I did not mention this before, because I could not see any way this could be related to the immediate problem with xbmc exit time. I run ubuntu and xbmc from an 8GB flash drive.

About 2 months ago I started intermittently getting a prompt at boot time to select a valid boot device with increasing frequency, even though I only have one USB device. When prompted, I just reboot and select that device and everything was fine after that. More recently I would get a boot-time error for an Invalid Environment Block. I followed instructions I found online to edit /boot/grub/grubenv. That worked for 2 or 3 days, then the symptom would return. I reinstalled grub twice, but that only lasted a couple of days, with the symptom only to return. The flash drive was suspect.

I reloaded ubuntu and xbmc on a new thumb drive and was happy to find my xbmc exit time dropped to less than 5 seconds. I am sure the problem is corrected as it has been working this way for 8 days. I still don't understand the relationship, when this looked like latency of a slow mysql server.

Thanks much to everyone for their ideas and insight.
Well my problem with slow exit is back. I thought I had it fixed with the new thumb drive and fresh install, but it is now to the point where an exit takes over 6 minutes.

If the problem is with RA, can someone tell me what table (and column) RA is searching at for this information? I looked at all the tables in MyMusic32 and can't see where this data is stored. I am thinking an additional index would help RA.

TIA

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
frodo RC3 very slow to exit0