Manually Adding Movies
So how do I manually add in movies that don't get added in to my database? I was able to do this by going into "files" and there I would see everything all my movies on my different hard drives. The ones with covers we're in my database and the ones without I was manually able to add in....

Now I see my movies but it doesn't differentiate between the ones that are added in my database and the ones that aren't so I can't tell which ones I need to add in manually. There's view types that should show the covers but they're all just blank for me so I have no way of telling which ones I need to add. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any help.
If you use the Videos > Files view and navigate to your movie directories, you can easily spot the ones that haven't been added to your library if you have these options in Settings:
  • Appearance > File lists > Show file extension (enabled)
  • Videos > File lists > Replace file names with library names (disabled)
The movies that are not in the library will be listed with their raw file names and extensions. If you place every movie in its own folder, then it gets a bit trickier because you have to open each of the folders to look at the movie file itself to determine if it's in the library or not.
I had those options enabled already. I have them in their own individual directories directories Sad any workaround for this?

If I Reload the info for each movie it appears as it should with the cover. Is it possible to use some sort of a script to do a batch? Each folder contains the movie, nfo files, and subtitles.
(2013-01-19, 02:52)Desisuperman Wrote: I had those options enabled already. I have them in their own individual directories directories Sad any workaround for this?

Actually, that second setting should be disabled so the actual filenames/extensions are shown (I've corrected my previous post). But it's moot in your case since you have each of your movies in their own folders.

Quote:Is it possible to use some sort of a script to do a batch?

You can try exporting your video library to a single XML file and then running a command to extract the titles from the file and saving them in a text file. You can print out the file and use it to compare against your movie list (using either in XBMC or your operating system's file manager) to see which items are *not* in the printout -- these are the ones not scraped into the library. See this for detailed instructions: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1255220

If anyone has a simpler or more elegant solution, please chime in.

I noticed that most a lot of people have their movies organized in folders ie..

Movies/
The Matrix (1999)/
The Matrix (1999).EN.avi
The Matrix (1999).EN.en.srt
The Matrix (1999).EN.es.srt
The Matrix (1999).ES.avi
The Matrix (1999).nfo
The Matrix (1999).tbn
The Matrix (1999)-fanart.jpg

This is pretty much how I have except I have it as "movie name - year"

Whats everybody else doing in this case? I'm obviously not the only one

Anyone?
Just a quick update....

1. If I reload the info on a movie the movie shows up fine in files view.
2. Any new movies I add to my library seems to scan in properly and appears with cover under "Files"
3. If I move files from one HDD to the next or remove it and move it back it scans in fine as well.

Something must have gone wrong when I did my first scan to build my database. Hopefulyl somebody can come up with a faster way to refresh reload these movies back in. I really don't wan tto sit here and hit "Reload" on 700 movies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually Adding Movies0