Linux Help: Choppy 1080p Playback Revo L70
Sad 
Hi All,

Has anyone installed XBMCbuntu on either an RL70 or L70 nettop (AMD E-450 with Radeon 6320) and managed to get smooth 1080p playback? If so how? I am completely new to linux so am very lost right now Sad. I just got this nettop today and because I've unpacked and installed it I won't be able to return it now either Sad.

I have tried both eden and Frodo RC3 to no avail. I apologise if this thread is annoying to regs I did try and search but it's very confusing to me. It all went so well on my revo 3700!!

Phill
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996
R3700 is ion ie nvidia. Such a damn shame the new revos changed chipsets
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the pointer to that thread FernetMenta! I am however stuck on step 4. How do I edit/create the files from there on? I have managed to get putty to work and can create a terminal from my laptop, but this is about as far as I've managed to get.
@friengineer:
You might want to give OpenELEC a try. It basically has the same code for your AMD system - but is more user friendly to install (www.openelec.tv).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
haha....I have literally just wiped out XBMCbuntu...and installed openelec+pulse eight! It seems to be working although only over optical though. But it's all good for me Smile. Still sounds awesome on my sound system Smile.

I appreciate the help guys....I guess I'm too much of a noob for the other way Sad.

All I literally want is an easy to use, good looking system which is pretty much just plug and play. That's what I got from my revo 3700 using ubuntu. Kinda annoying to have so much hassle this time. But I think it's sorted now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help: Choppy 1080p Playback Revo L700