2 disc movie format
(2013-01-28, 18:06)NinKenDo Wrote: ...\Crouching.Tiger.Hidden.Dragon.2000\CD1\Crouching.Tiger.Hidden.Dragon.2000.CD1.avi

...\Crouching.Tiger.Hidden.Dragon.2000\CD2\Crouching.Tiger.Hidden.Dragon.2000.CD2.avi

You might want to edit out that fact you clearly downloaded the movies......

Another tip, editing the folder name to a "clean" name. ie \Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (2000)\whatever.you.want.the.name.of.the.file.cd1.avi then tell xbmc to use the folder name to read from.
(2013-01-28, 18:06)NinKenDo Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 16:39)Ardalista Wrote: still not giving me any information I can use to actually help you... as per above.. what are the file names?

Well one example is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon which is:

...\Crouching.Tiger.Hidden.Dragon.2000.iNTERNAL.BDRip.XviD-FLS\CD1\Crouching.Tiger.Hidden.Dragon.2000.CD1.iNTERNAL.BDRip.XviD-FLS.avi

...\Crouching.Tiger.Hidden.Dragon.2000.iNTERNAL.BDRip.XviD-FLS\CD2\Crouching.Tiger.Hidden.Dragon.2000.CD2.iNTERNAL.BDRip.XviD-FLS.avi

That stacks fine in "Videos->File" mode, and fine in when I go through "Movies" (Which I will call "Library mode" from now one) as well.

Then there's Robot Carnival, which when in library mode, displays its nine parts as 9 identical "Robot Carnival" entries, and when stacked in file mode, displays a single entry which only plays the first part:

...\Robot.Carnival.1987.x264.AC3-[OnDeed]\Robot Carnival - Part 1 - Opening [OnDeed] [941A8463].mkv

...\Robot.Carnival.1987.x264.AC3-[OnDeed]\Robot Carnival - Part 2 - Franken's Gear [OnDeed] [9BE733E8].mkv

...\Robot.Carnival.1987.x264.AC3-[OnDeed]\Robot Carnival - Part 3 - Deprive [OnDeed] [2363DE4F].mkv

etc...
Please don't display your illegal downloading on these forums. XBMC is for playing your own legally obtained media.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Should I edit my post?
(2013-01-28, 21:15)nickr Wrote: Please don't display your illegal downloading on these forums. XBMC is for playing your own legally obtained media.

We don't really care where you got the movie files as long as users aren't going around telling people how to get them or what site to download them from, etc. Granted, I would strongly suggest that people don't admit to breaking the law, simply as good advice. It might be doubtful that individuals will get sued, but I've heard of people losing jobs or getting kicked off their ISP for such things.
(2013-01-28, 18:21)NinKenDo Wrote: Why can't XBMC just have an inbuilt method for handling this stuff?
Erm, how exactly is XBMC supposed to do that if you're too lazy to rename your movie files?

From your Robot Carnival example the file names are completely different so I've no idea how you expect XBMC to tell they are multiple parts of the same movie and not separate movies.

If your going to illegally download movies that have filenames like that then you need to invest some time to name them correctly for XBMC or use something like Couchpotato to initiate the download and do the renaming for you.
(2013-01-29, 13:11)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 18:21)NinKenDo Wrote: Why can't XBMC just have an inbuilt method for handling this stuff?
Erm, how exactly is XBMC supposed to do that if you're too lazy to rename your movie files?

From your Robot Carnival example the file names are completely different so I've no idea how you expect XBMC to tell they are multiple parts of the same movie and not separate movies.

If your going to illegally download movies that have filenames like that then you need to invest some time to name them correctly for XBMC or use something like Couchpotato to initiate the download and do the renaming for you.

It's called letting me manually set metadata for files without having to create a .nfo for each one.

I'm not to lazy to rename my files, or I would be too lazy to spend days trying to figure out a way to do this (Oh shit, logic!). I have reasons why I neither can, nor wish to rename them. Thanks for the attack on my character, douche. Your post was neither helpful, nor insightful, nor intelligent. If you don't want to help, piss off, I have no need for your snarky bullshit.
(2013-01-28, 16:39)Ardalista Wrote: still not giving me any information I can use to actually help you... as per above.. what are the file names?

sorry for the late reply i have been busy handling the audio and music part of the media center

currently i have then as folders that contain the same files as a .iso would
so it looks something like this
My Movies\Fantasia\Fantasia_2000_(1999)\Fantasia_2000_(1999).Disc2\VIDEO_TS\
where it contains a bunch of .BUP, .IFO an .VOB Files

so i will just re rip the 2+ disc movies to .iso
and rip all future movies to .iso, just to be on the safe side
(2013-01-28, 01:19)Ardalista Wrote: Sorry missed your reply Neroes... you will need to convert the folders to .iso using something like imgburn (which is what I used) worked perfectly after that.

i'm using anydvd, because it is awesome at saying f*** y** to the dvd protection
Smile
slysoft rocks
http://www.slysoft.com/en/
Also, if you're going to pirate, why on earth would you get the crappy avi version? That's like stealing a Kia.
(2013-01-29, 15:46)Ned Scott Wrote: Also, if you're going to pirate, why on earth would you get the crappy avi version? That's like stealing a Kia.

The AVI version actually looks acceptable quality to me, though not great. I've since bought the BluRay though, so I'll probably rip that at some point and replace this rip. I still don't get why you're in this thread just railing on me instead of helping me or taking my criticism in to consideration. Maybe you should work on getting integrated manual metadata entry into a build instead of criticising my ethics and taste in video formats? Your commentary isn't useful, productive or even witty. It's just annoying. Seriously, what's the fuckin' deal here? I post looking for help and a guy from the project team goes off at me and then somebody on the Wiki team has a go over my format choices.

This is stupid.
Hey man, I was the one who said we had no issue with you pirating stuff.

jjd-uk is dead on with his comment. We can't do anything for you if you don't want to rename files to what XBMC works with. It's a miracle that XBMC works with as many options as it does without bursting into fire and killing everyone.

I'm not on the "wiki team", I'm on Team XBMC. It's one team. I'm in charge of the wiki and put it in my forum title to encourage users to ask me questions if they need help with the wiki. I can make it say lots of things, like "the guy who banned NinKenDo for being rude".

Here's your first official warning, be nice or get a ban.
(2013-01-29, 16:19)Ned Scott Wrote: Hey man, I was the one who said we had no issue with you pirating stuff.

jjd-uk is dead on with his comment. We can't do anything for you if you don't want to rename files to what XBMC works with. It's a miracle that XBMC works with as many options as it does without bursting into fire and killing everyone.

I'm not on the "wiki team", I'm on Team XBMC. It's one team. I'm in charge of the wiki and put it in my forum title to encourage users to ask me questions if they need help with the wiki. I can make it say lots of things, like "the guy who banned NinKenDo for being rude".

Here's your first official warning, be nice or get a ban.

I am being nice. I don't feel I'M being treated nice and I'm merely calling people out on it. I don't appreciate being called lazy by a team member because I would like to be able to manually input metadata for files and not have to rename thousands of files, breaking my ability to use those files in other programs I need to use them in and I said as much. Maybe your team members shouldn't go around calling users names when they request perfectly reasonable features like manual metadata entries. You know, maybe they should consider implementing this perfectly reasonable feature. I'm not asking XBMC do anything for me beyond letting me not have to create an xml file for every individual episode I want to add to my library. How is that unreasonable? How does that warrant I get insulted and threatened with bans? This is awful...
Life's unfair, man.
(2013-01-29, 16:34)Ned Scott Wrote: Life's unfair, man.

Righto. Thanks for the life lesson pops.
http://filebot.sourceforge.net

Awesome little gadget...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 disc movie format0