Issues with Frodo music Library
Ah okay, I see.
I'm having some trouble though.
I tried opening 5 albums (in separate directorys) from the same artist in Media Monkey. Then I marked them all and did a "Auto-tag from web" this brought up a screen with an example of cover-art for the first album it matched and I went on, but Media Monkey didnt seem to realize that my files belonged to 5 different albums. And so it resulted in all 5 albums being marked with the title of the first album. I did a backup right before so no loss there.
I'll try reading some more about how to do this.

Thanks again for the tip and tricks Smile
Personally, I wouldn't do it that way.

Have you already got the album art for each album i.e. a folder.jpg file in the album folder? And have you got the information in the tags as you would want them i.e. artist, album artist, album, genre, year etc...?

If so, then mediamonkey will just show the information in the library. You then just need to select all (or the ones you want to), it doesn't matter if it is more than one album or artist etc... go to Tools - Advanced Tag Management - Clear ID3v1 and v2 tags and then Tools - Advanced Tag Management - Synchronize Tags.

The first step removes the tag information from the files, so if you were to go into Windows Explorer and select a song file, there would be no information showing in the tags. The second step re-inputs the tag information, based on the information in the MediaMonkey library - which in itself was based on the original tag information on the file, but is re-inputted somehow correctly (as mentioned before, possibly by removing both v1 & v2 tags and just putting them back as v2) and XBMC will now read them correctly.

It's pretty easy to do, but it does take the computer a while to do - about 5 hours for my library for both steps - but it does make sure that all songs are correctly tagged.

The advantage of all this is you can edit the tags in MediaMonkey to your hearts content before doing it - so you can get everything as you want it etc...

Hope that helps
Yes !

Your procedure worked great for me. The embarrasing part is that the info was already available in your first post, - silly me for not remembering ! Wink
I've tried this on the 5 albums and it now looks beautiful in XBMC Smile
I will do another test and then let the PC chew through the collection tonight.

Thankyou so much for clarifying!

I just had to wrap my head around the fact that the tricks is that Media Monkey stores a local copy of the library (tags ..and paths I guess) and, as you point out, it apparently rewrites them in a "nicer" way than what was originally put into the files.
I'm saved Smile
No problem, glad you got it all sorted
Check out this kb article on setting MM4 tagging settings for date/year:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/index...2&nav=0,12

scott s.
(2013-01-22, 18:04)Buff Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 07:10)sirmeili Wrote: just an update, I just checked and I was down to 154 albums from 396. I wish I could figure out why XBMC was continuously losing my albums

Not sure our problems are the same sirmeili - I've not had albums disappearing once already there, only disappearing between Eden and Frodo. Just a thought but do you access your music collection with any other software - could it be that software that is changing the mp3 tags etc...

I'm not sure it is either. After turning off the auto library updater, I have maintained my collection just fine (for 24 hours). I'm guessing it's not xbmc, but maybe a plugin doing it. either way ,for now I"m good. I can manually update the music library since I don't add music all that often. The video library seems to be functioning correctly though, so that's good.
edit
I also had the problem with wma files not showing up in the library. I realized that it were only those who didn't have the id3 tag "Albumartist".After setting this tag the music was found when I rescanned.
I just upgraded to Frodo. I also am having problems with my music library. While the files all seem to be importing OK and able to play, I am getting wildy incorrect values for Year. I get values all over the place, sometimes 3 digits, sometimes 4 and 5, but nothing even resembling the correct year.

I have mostly WMA files, and they are all correctly tagged. I have verified with MP3Tag, Media Monkey, WMP, and Zune. The values are consistent across the board. It's also important to note that Eden does not have this issue at all, only Frodo. Has anyone else noticed this issue?
same here - my solution is to re-encode wma to mp3 - delete all tags and add new - although I only have 100 wma albums.
I think it has something to do with the id version - even encoding without deleting id tags makes no difference.
OR you could wait for a possible fix to the frodo coding itself.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
I have above 12000 songs in WMA format - my whole library except for a few downloaded from Amazon in MP3. Re-encoding is not really an option here, unfortunately.
Logged a ticket to track this issue:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14110
Out of curiosity I looked at your file. I don't know the wma metadata spec, but looking at the metadata fields in your file it does look like the year is well-formed. (It seems like the tags are encoded in unicode, and after the tagname there are 6 bytes with the length of the value, then the value in unicode, terminated with a unicode null, then 2 final bytes that weren't obvious as to purpose.)

So hopefully a dev will look at your ticket.

scott s.
Thanks Scott. I'm baffled as well. XBMC 12 is the first program that I have seen with a problem reading the correct year; every other media program that I've checked seems perfectly fine with reading the files (MediaMonkey, WMP, Zune, Mp3Tag, XBMC 11). Something definitely changed between XBMC 11 and 12...
Looks like the dev team has identified the bug and fixed it. It will (hopefully) appear in 12.2, but could come later in v13.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Frodo music Library0