Libraries disappear when smb crashes
Hey guys,

I have a couple Raspberry Pi's running the latest version of XBMC. Unfortunately my network share is used for a bunch of other things and is a little bit unstable. Anyway from time to time it crashes or needs restarting, when this happens the smb shares that I've setup on the rasberry pi as Movies and TV Shows libraries disappear (which makes sense) but the problem is when the server is backup the Movies and TV Shows options on the main menu don't come back.

I've tried restarting the clients with no luck, as well as investigated settings, etc. The only way I can seem to get those Movie and TV Show libraries back is by readding the smb shares and in the initial setup setting them to reflect the appropriate library, which creates a duplicate in Videos > Files.

If anyone can offer advice or a solution I would be greatly appreciative!

Cheers
Jooon
Count me in. Unless I'm missing something, it appears that XBMC is way too overconfident that an SMB share will always be on-line. I wish there was a setting, even one that could be added to advanced.xml, to allow some sort of timeout when it's a share so that the Libraries wouldn't vanish and require re-setup.
Be sure you don't have <cleanonupdate> in advancedsettings.xml and "Update library on startup" enabled if your media source is not always present when you start XBMC.
(2013-01-20, 22:40)artrafael Wrote: Be sure you don't have <cleanonupdate> in advancedsettings.xml and "Update library on startup" enabled if your media source is not always present when you start XBMC.

Well, yes, obviously. But if you're adding content on a semi-regular basis, or your PVR is recording and XBMC is referencing one of the directories, that's not optional.

It would be telling it to basically ignore the problem.

Am I missing something obvious to to keep content updated automatically on a regular basis, including deletions, that would avoid this situation? If so, please enlighten me!
That's why cleanonupdate is off by default :\
Ah, okay I have a plugin that updates the plugin every 4 hours, and then does a clean up... That must be my problem I will disable it. See how it works. Thanks!
I'm having a similar problem where my movies and tv show libraries disappear unless Iog in as an administrator.

Any ideas?
(2013-01-24, 06:53)dooncan Wrote: I'm having a similar problem where my movies and tv show libraries disappear unless Iog in as an administrator.

Any ideas?

Are your media files also on a Samba share that's not available when you update your XBMC library?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Libraries disappear when smb crashes0