Win Using multiple scrapers?
Hey everyone, I just started using XBMC and I'm running into some troubles with the library organization. I added my two source folders to the "videos" section - one for TV shows and one for movies/documentaries. The thing is, it seems as though I can only choose one scraper - either a television one or a movie one. It works - when I chose a TV one my shows get organized properly and get fan art and whatnot, but the movies don't come up. Same thing happens vice versa when I chose a movie scraper. Is there a way to get around this so that both are scanned correctly?

I saw on the FAQ the proper file path structure and naming convention for TV shows and movies, but this seemed to work even with my inconsistently named files - I just couldn't get two scrapers to work at once.

Any help is appreciated - thanks!
You should separate your movies and your tv shows into a different set of folders. Then configure the one with a movie scraper and the other with a TV Show scraper.
(2013-01-21, 06:24)gabbott Wrote: You should separate your movies and your tv shows into a different set of folders. Then configure the one with a movie scraper and the other with a TV Show scraper.
They're already separate - I've added the TV shows folder and the movies/docs folder to my video sources. I can only set one scraper, and it applies to both folders. I'm trying to get it so that a TV scraper is pointed at the TV shows folder, and a movie scraper for my movies Sad

Ah ok, so when you go to videos you are trying to 'set content' from the root source folder that you added I take it. Don't do it from there. Drill down to the folder that has your movies and set the movie scraper there. Then go to the folder that has your TV shows and set the TV scraper there.
(2013-01-21, 06:30)gabbott Wrote: Ah ok, so when you go to videos you are trying to 'set content' from the root source folder that you added I take it. Don't do it from there. Drill down to the folder that has your movies and set the movie scraper there. Then go to the folder that has your TV shows and set the TV scraper there.
How do I pull up the options once I'm in the subdirectory with all of the individual movie or TV show folders? Seems like I can only get to it by going to "change content" in the main "files" directory in the videos menu that has my main TV shows and movies folders.

Don't go into the sub directory that has your shows. When you have the sub directory selected, pull up the context menu (hitting 'c' on the keyboard) and chose the 'set content' option from there.

In other words, when you go into videos, you see the source you added (let's say it's called 'My videos')
When you navigate into 'My videos' I'm assuming you see two folders. One folder has your movies and one has your tv shows.
You need to 'set content' on each of those folders.

I hit "files" and it brings up this menu with my two added source folders.

I tried hitting "c" while hovering over each source - but when I chose a TV or movie scraper it still applies to both sources. Again - the scrapers work well, I just can't get both a TV scraper and a movie scraper working concurrently at the same time.

You are doing it wrong.
You are still in library where you choose content.

Go into files and handle your sources from there.
(2013-01-21, 13:16)miappa Wrote: You are doing it wrong.
You are still in library where you choose content.

Go into files and handle your sources from there.
That's what I'm doing - in the first screenshot I hit "files" and it brings up the menu on the next screenshot

Ah, sorry.
Thought you were in Library (window before files).

Anyhow, shouldn´t be difficult to have 2 sources set for different content.
I have several.

Set TV Show as content on the TV Show folder and set Movie as content on the Video folder.

Or do you have the TV Show folder inside the video folder? That would be to scrape it twice with different scrapers = not good.

Do it from the beginning:
Add sources, but add them separately so you have several sources e.g Movies / TV Shows / Docs / etc.

Then set each source with content (and yes, you can have several sources with same scraper, no problem).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using multiple scrapers?0