• 21(current)
[RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10
(2016-04-17, 14:20)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 12:11)MikeKL Wrote: Any help in resloving ITV Player Live TV playback issue with these Krypton builds is appreciated.

It could be the hard-coded URLs that are configured for inputstream.mpd in my build. You could try removing all the URLs configured for the inpustream.mpd addon (Addons > Settings > My add-ons > VideoPlyaer InputStream > InputStream MPEG DASH > Configure > URL support). You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.

In the next build I'll remove the custom URLs as they shouldn't be needed now.
Removing InputStream MPEG DASH add-on's custom URL's fixed issue "Live TV working" did not need to do a reboot, thanks! CoolCool
(Appreciated very much)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Just updated to Libreelec 7.9.03 and itv player has stopped working for me on bother generic & Pii versions. It can see the episodes, but just can't play them

Link to the log file if it helps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wii6z0ggun7rxsw/kodi.log?dl=0

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks

Pete
Using the latest verson 2.3.1 on Krypton Alpha 3, all the live channels work but ITV player does not, on the website you have to sign in to view programs on player now, so will you (or could you) be adding a sign in option in settings?
(2016-08-05, 09:37)EngineerPeter Wrote: Just updated to Libreelec 7.9.03 and itv player has stopped working for me on bother generic & Pii versions. It can see the episodes, but just can't play them

Link to the log file if it helps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wii6z0ggun7rxsw/kodi.log?dl=0

Thanks

Pete

Code:
06:54:34 T:140271417292544   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'dialog' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.itv/default.py", line 771, in <module>
                                                VIDEO(url,iconimage)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.itv/default.py", line 560, in VIDEO
                                                dialog.ok("ITV Player", "Sorry Cannot Resolve This Stream", "")
                                            NameError: global name 'dialog' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
06:54:58 T:140271912199936   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.

This is a problem with ITV Player add-on, or possibly your skin isn't Krypton compatible.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-19, 23:40)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 09:37)EngineerPeter Wrote: Just updated to Libreelec 7.9.03 and itv player has stopped working for me on bother generic & Pii versions. It can see the episodes, but just can't play them

Thanks

Pete

Code:
06:54:34 T:140271417292544   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'dialog' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.itv/default.py", line 771, in <module>
                                                VIDEO(url,iconimage)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.itv/default.py", line 560, in VIDEO
                                                dialog.ok("ITV Player", "Sorry Cannot Resolve This Stream", "")
                                            NameError: global name 'dialog' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
06:54:58 T:140271912199936   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.

This is a problem with ITV Player add-on, or possibly your skin isn't Krypton compatible.

As I mention in my post above, the ITV Player website now requires you to login in to access their catch-up tv on the player, so there needs to be a way that we can sign in via the add-on's settings.
(2016-08-19, 23:49)Pasado Wrote: As I mention in my post above, the ITV Player website now requires you to login in to access their catch-up tv on the player, so there needs to be a way that we can sign in via the add-on's settings.
Just as a quick reference that I have tried ITV catch-up streams tonight with v2.3.1 on my rpi2 and they are still working for me without any need to sign-in.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-08-19, 23:56)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-08-19, 23:49)Pasado Wrote: As I mention in my post above, the ITV Player website now requires you to login in to access their catch-up tv on the player, so there needs to be a way that we can sign in via the add-on's settings.
Just as a quick reference that I have tried ITV catch-up streams tonight with v2.3.1 on my rpi2 and they are still working for me without any need to sign-in.
I really don't understand then, I'm on Windows and when I click on episodes all I get are blanks that do not load.

Here I am looking at ITV Player -> A Touch of Frost - 6 Episodes then playing the first episode in list

Be aware that with ITV catch-up the first time you explore ITV Player and attempt to stream an epsiode, you may recieve and error, trying a second time and usual search and stream works.

I am not saying there are not any errors within the kodi log however, here is kodi.log
(2016-08-20, 00:27)MikeKL Wrote: Here I am looking at ITV Player -> A Touch of Frost - 6 Episodes then playing the first episode in list

Be aware that with ITV catch-up the first time you explore ITV Player and attempt to stream an epsiode, you may recieve and error, trying a second time and usual search and stream works.

I am not saying there are not any errors within the kodi log however, here is kodi.log

Unfortunately it is still not working for me, it may be a windows problem who knows... Looks like I'll have to look into it myself, what's the worse that could happen. Confused
I forgot to say thanks for this awesome add-on MikeKL and I appreciate all your hard work, ok so I might not be able to use the catch-up part, but having the live channels is good enough for me.

Just a couple of questions:

(1) Are you using a proxy to connect by any chance?
(2) On the Auto-View what is the significance of the numbers? 50, 503 etc.
I am not the developer of this add-on (Wish I had the coding skills)

I have never modified itv addon settings within Auto-view option, leaving them at default

I don't use any proxy or vpn settings on my rpi2's and an iMac where this addon and catch-up typically work very well. Sorry that I can't be of more help...
The add-on seems to work for both Catchup and live using Kodi 14.2 up to 17.alpha 1 ( I can't confirm all versions)
The newer builds 17 alpha 3 only live works.
This affects the apple tv4 as the kodi for this is based on the latest Krypton 17 alpha.
Hopefully the developer will be able to make changes to get this great add-on to work with latest versions of Kodi.

Thank you.
(2016-08-20, 15:23)sqig Wrote: The add-on seems to work for both Catchup and live using Kodi 14.2 up to 17.alpha 1 ( I can't confirm all versions)
The newer builds 17 alpha 3 only live works.
This affects the apple tv4 as the kodi for this is based on the latest Krypton 17 alpha.
Hopefully the developer will be able to make changes to get this great add-on to work with latest versions of Kodi.

Thank you.

Thanks sqig, so it could be some change in 17.alpha 3 that is preventing Catchup from working!
With reference to my previous posts and link to kodi.log be aware that in my usage case, I am currently using Milhouse LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17 Beta 1) on my rpi2 (Catch-up working, but with some itv addon errors in log)
Just to let you all know, I've just updated to 7.95.005 of Librelec and catch up is still not working for me.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ITV Player 1.100