Can only find 1 mux (PCTV 290e)
Hi All,

I have just got a PCTV 290e usb tv tuner and it will only find1 mux from the 6 supposedly in my area.

http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SK113003

I have used the above link to find out exactly what frequencies to add.

Can anyone help me?

I'm using an Acer Revo L70 with Openelec + pulse 8.

Thanks,

Phill
This is the file I use for the same area, so if you want to try it to eliminate the possibility of you mistyping something, give this a go:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56002554/dvb-t.zip

Unzip this folder somewhere and then set the DVB scan files in Config/General to its parent location, i.e. if you unzip it and the path is /home/user/Dropbox/dvb-t then in TVH set the path to /home/user/Dropbox.

Then restart TVH, delete the muxes you've added and use 'Find by Location' on the Adapter screen, where Sutton Coldfield should now be the only choice.

Edit: The other thing to keep in mind that Sutton has quite a wide area. Are you certain that your antenna isn't set up to point another, more local, mast?
(2013-01-22, 11:03)Begall Wrote: This is the file I use for the same area, so if you want to try it to eliminate the possibility of you mistyping something, give this a go:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56002554/dvb-t.zip

Unzip this folder somewhere and then set the DVB scan files in Config/General to its parent location, i.e. if you unzip it and the path is /home/user/Dropbox/dvb-t then in TVH set the path to /home/user/Dropbox.

Then restart TVH, delete the muxes you've added and use 'Find by Location' on the Adapter screen, where Sutton Coldfield should now be the only choice.

Edit: The other thing to keep in mind that Sutton has quite a wide area. Are you certain that your antenna isn't set up to point another, more local, mast?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...I was ok until you said restart TVH. I can't find a restart option. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the addons etc.

I have even tried all muxes on the 4 mux locations it could be lol. Still no luck. It will only find BBC HD, BBC One HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 HD and 303. from one mux.

Any other ideas?
You need to open a terminal/SSH session and do:

Code:
sudo service tvheadend restart

If you can select that file and it still doesn't work then we can be 100% sure it's not related to the muxes being entered incorrectly. At that point it's either your antenna or the hardware, are you able to receive the missing channels on other devices in the house?
right.....I now have all the channels....lol. I fiddled about with the connections and found tt may have been the gain being too high on the signal booster I have..

My house has a signal booster because some little feckers nicked the copper cable from my development when it was being built. They had to re-route and apparently that is the cause of the problem so they sorted it via signal booster.

I have the gain turned right down to minimum and I think it's fine in my bedroom (which was where the booster signal problem originated from).

Thanks for your help Begall! Appreciated it greatly. Hopefully if anyone else has problems this may point to their issue as well.

Phill

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can only find 1 mux (PCTV 290e)0