Custom TV Shows for a web series
Hello, all. My HTPC is arriving later this week and I'm experimenting a bit with XBMC on my desktop computer, to learn its ins and outs. I've run into a bit of a snag...

Movies are simple enough, and TV shows scrape nicely. But I also have a big collection of stuff I downloaded from YouTube and the like... web series like LoadingReadyRun, Freddie Wong's videos, Video Game High School, etc. Things which do not and will not existing in any scraper.

I'd like to get these added to XBMC but I'm not sure how to do it. I've checked the wiki and the How-Tos, and someone suggested making a fake TV series by specifying your own NFO files... but when I do this, every time I pick "scan for new content" to add a new episode to the existing pile, it re-adds EVERY episode it finds including ones that were already in the library. What am I doing wrong?

So far, using LoadingReadyRun as an example, I've made a tvshow.nfo file in my LoadingReadyRun directory...

Code:
<tvshow>
        <title>LoadingReadyRun</title>
        <genre>Comedy</genre>
</tvshow>

I've renamed the files like this: EPISODENAME.ep01.mp4, with EPISODENAME.ep01.nfo files. (using ep02, ep03, etc as things go... there aren't really "seasons" to use here.)

Code:
<episodedetails>
        <title>Episode Title Goes Here</title>
        </actor>
</episodedetails>

Problem is, when I go to add a new episode to the video source and then pick "Update Library" to get it added in... it also RE-adds all my previously added episodes. I end up with duplicates.

What am I doing wrong here?
Addendum:

I got it to stop double-adding shows. The key was to do a fake season, and use s01e01 syntax. Apparently ep01 confuses it, even when I tell it while scraping that it's absolute ordering.

Still, is there a better way to do it than this? I do NOT relish adding 100 relatively similar NFO files and editing them all by hand. Perhaps a simple tool to generate a pile of NFOs based on file names, with just the title in the XML data?

This'd be a lot easier if I could manually add a video or edit the metadata right there inside XBMC, instead of mucking about in XML with notepad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom TV Shows for a web series0