Harmony double press issue
Hi,
I just got my Rosewill RHRC-11002. I am using only the usb IR but not the remote.
I am trying to use my harmony remote.
I am using eventghost, I added the plugin Microsoft MCE Remote - Vista/Win7 , and plugin XBMC2.
I added on my harmony configuration software 2 devices : Windows Media center SE and the MCE Keyboard.
When I go to xbmc, I try the remote to navigate around the menu (left, right, up , down) and it's giving me double key presses. Whatever I try , I get like it's double pressing a key.
Any idea how I can troubleshoot/fix it?
Thank you.
Which Harmony remote? if it's one of the "dumb" ones, I have found no way to fix this.
I have the harmony 1100 and harmony 900.
If I can fix it for either one, I will be happy.
then it should be easy, somewhere in the harmony setup software there is a setting to change key repeats or something along those lines. I don't have a good harmony remote so I can't check.
I changed the setting.
It doesn't work....
Could be the debounce setting http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mswanson/archive...72766.aspx
no it's not debounce setting. I tried the registry removal and it did nothing. The debounce is a completely different thing.
Do you get double presses when you try to Rosewill remote? If not, you could try to replace the Logitech pre-defined commands with learned commands from the Rosewill for those functions that have an issue. If the Rosewill also give doublepresses, then at least you know its not the Harmony causing the issue.

I tested a VRC-1100 remote IR receiver with my Harmony, it gave double presses on my OpenELEC HTPC when I used the Harmony, but not with the original remote. I eventually just got an HP IR receiver off EBAY and that solved my problem.
Submit a ticket or help request to Logitech. They have helped me in the past. I had same issues when I was using the 1100 and my xbox 360.
I had similar issues with with the windows media remote that came with my old laptop.
I simply uninstalled the custom drivers and plugins for it and let windows handle the requests ( which it was doing anyhow) and viola the double presses disappeared.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony double press issue0