Exporting Library and Frodo File Naming
I wanted to start organizing my files and keep the fanart local. I used the export to separate option in Xbmc, but the output of the file names do not match the way the Frodo Faq says to name the files for proper scraping.

The output I get is: <moviename>-poster.jpg, <moviename>-fanart.jpg, <moviename>.nfo in each movie folder.
Frodo Faq says it should be: poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, movie.nfo

Does it do this since it does not know if the movies are in separate folders?

With this, Ember does not recognize the poster since it doesn't support <moviename>-poster.jpg, only poster.jpg.

So, should I bulk rename all the files without the moviename to poster.jpg and fanart.jpg? If I do this, do I need to redo my thumbnail cache since the names don't match?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
<moviename>-poster.jpg is supported in both cases. poster.jpg is supported only if your movies are in separate folders. We export the former to handle both cases without needing to think about it.

So you can rename them if you want, but there's no need to as far as XBMC is concerned.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-01-23, 21:40)jmarshall Wrote: <moviename>-poster.jpg is supported in both cases. poster.jpg is supported only if your movies are in separate folders. We export the former to handle both cases without needing to think about it.

So you can rename them if you want, but there's no need to as far as XBMC is concerned.

Ok, guess the key is if Ember will support moviename-poster.jpg (easiest), if not I can rename them. After renaming do I have to worry about the thumbnail cache now that the name changed?

Edit: Asked in Ember thread and they will add movie-poster.jpg to support it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exporting Library and Frodo File Naming0