where exactly does xbmc get cd art from?
here's my problem.
i have XBMC music library set up quite good. I do not use library mode, rather, i use View:Coverflow.
well im trying to update my cd covers to better quality ones but im struggling.

I thought XBMC picked up the folder.jpg inside the folder, so i deleted low res ones and tried replacing them with higher quality ones, nothing changed, still used the low res one.
So i thought deleting the database, cleaned up library would sort this out and it would grab the new higher res ones. still nothing.

Please help, its driving me bonkers Sad
Thanks.

Oh, and i used Mediamonkey to grab cd art and proper tagging ( i think )
Frodo will automatically update things for you - it'll take at least 24 hours after replacing the image and 2 reloads of the image (i.e. where the texture is loaded, cleared from memory and reloaded). This typically happens automatically within a couple days just by browsing around.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Im running Eden at the moment. So your saying that im doing the correct procedure, but it doesnt update instantly, even after i deleted database, cleaned library and rebooted machine?
Thanks

on another note, cant wait for final build of Frodo. Smile
I don't think Eden has the ability to update it, other than deleting the cached version. Refreshing each album might do the trick I guess (i.e. one by one).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

how do i delete the cache?
You can't reliably unless you also want to completely rescan. If so, delete userdata/Thumbnails/Music/* and userdata/Databases/MyMusic*.db

so these are where cd thumbnails are stored, and not in the folder of my music albums?
i thought tagging and grabbing either .thm or folder.jpg and having them inside each artists folder would work?
No, that's where ALL music art is stored. There's no way to tell in Eden which is which without viewing 'em.

I really want to sort this, sorry for all the Qs.
so what would i have to do in order for xbmc to pick up folder.jpg?
ok, it seems the problem is in the thumbnail that's in the root of the folder, if i go inside that folder and view the songs and bring up their individual thumbnails, they are good, but i don't know how to change the main one?
It's because that image is cached. What it's cached as is anyone's guess, thus the suggestion that your best bet is to delete the cache (or alternatively browse through it and delete the one that's wrong). That's the only method to get arbitrary pre-cached folder.jpg files to change in Eden.

If the folder happens to be an album (i.e. contents correspond exactly to an album in the library) then you *might* be able to choose the local thumb via the Get Thumb button on the album information dialog.

Thanks. I dont think there anyway to know which thumb is which as they are all named , for example : 4a718588.tbn
Surely there must be an easier way ( and faster ) way to allow/get XBMC to pick up the newer files?
would deleting my cache and music database and library, then going through all my music folders and making sure only Folder.jpg was in there, then XBMC would automatically pick that up if I rescanned it all back in again. sorry, i just want to understand how it all works, i looked at the WIKI but didnt really understand it.
thanks
Ok, sorted that problem by deleting Cache and loading library back in and making sure either .thm or Folder.jpg is in each folder.
Just 1 more quick question, I noticed that fanart belongs in userdata > Thumbnails > Music > Fanart,
Can i add to this and how do I do this, I have cdart manager installed but for some reason it doesnt see all my artists, some of them seem to be missing?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
where exactly does xbmc get cd art from?0