[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XZen - Zenfolio Browser for XBMC
XZen is a Kodi browser for Zenfolio.

NOTE June 2020:
This is available for Kodi Leia and below and in the main Kodi repo. 
At this stage I have no plans to update this for Kodi Matrix / Python3 as I don't use it myself anymore, and the addon would require a total re-write given the underlying python library is not available for Python3.

Zenfolio is a gallery service popular with professional level photographers, so the quality tens to be a lot better than your flickr/picasa type galleries. Not always, though!

You can use it to browse the huge numbers of public galleries (by category, recent and popular), and, if you have a Zenfolio account, to browse your own photo sets.

To Install - simply find it under picture addons in the XBMC repository (Frodo+)

To Configure - if you don't have a Zenfolio account, just run the addon and start browsing. If you do have an account, then enter your details in the addon settings. Note you may need to enter two passwords - that for your account, and another if you have password protected your image galleries. It only supports one password for this, so far (i.e. if you have separate galleries with separate passwords, this is not yet supported - but most people just use one for All Photographs that is then inherited by sub galleries anyway).

Feedback appreciated, including debug logs if you encounter issues.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(There would appear to be a bug with authentication in OE, so the under galleries bit is not working there, but the rest is..)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Bug fixed - there is now a setting - TLS Workaround - enable this if you're having issues connecting to your Zenfolio account. Probably effects all unix based platforms...but not required for Windows.
Bossanova: This is awesome!! A great example of how amazing the xbmc community is. I was thinking I would have to learn how to build add ons to get zenfolio working, but here I find it already exists!

My one wish would be to have an option to go directly into user gallery upon successful authentication. But this is a minor item.

Thanks again, and I hope to see more from you!
Glad you like it.

The user gallery loading can take quite a while if you have a bunch of galleries/slow internet, and I think it's best to just have it as an entry off the main page so that people don't, say, give up on their first run because it's taking ages to load...so I think best to suffer that one extra click!

Any way to cache the user gallery thumbnails, and only sync changes?
I suppose that would be a lot of extra programming.
Hmmm I think XBMC should actually do that automatically in theory but I haven't seen it happening in practise...I might ask around.

The URLs for the images are static so in theory XBMC's internal caching mechanism should kick in. Would be nice...I will see what I can do to encourage this and/or implement something maybe.
Frodo Compatible I would assume? I am away from my xbmc box right now so cannot test to confirm. Also do you plan on adding the option to run this add-on as a screensaver?
Yep, Frodo compatible. Frodo only actually, given I haven't had an Eden install in quite some time.

I have not really thought about it for a screensaver, but it's an interesting idea - will look into it.
(2013-02-22, 03:47)bossanova808 Wrote: Yep, Frodo compatible. Frodo only actually, given I haven't had an Eden install in quite some time.

I have not really thought about it for a screensaver, but it's an interesting idea - will look into it.

excellent! Looking to personally use it as a screensaver. will test it out sooner rather than later.

Thanks!
Do you want user galleries as the screensaver, or something else like categories etc?

I ahven't looked into screensavers at all but believe python is now ok to use for those, so it shouldn't be to hard to adapt I guess. For me I'd want user galleries...
Both options would be great to be completely honest.

As you are the programmer it is up to you.

I previously used a national geographic collection as my screen saver and every one loved it. Great to have kick in while music is playing and you have company
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Just a heads up I have (finally) started work on the screensaver part of this...doesn't look too crazy hard to do.

I think I will just provide some sort of gallery picker that let's you choose which gallery is the root of the slideshow, and then it will slideshow from there...with a random option of course!

Will focus on user galleries initially I think.

No ETA but I will plug away in the near future with any luck Smile
thanks for the heads up
Just a another heads up - I have commited quite a bit of code for this, but my issue is that I can't get it to run fast enough as a screensaver - basically, it tries to pull in the entire tree and takes forever to start, which is no good. So I'll have to look at a more complex implementation I guess, but I have not much time...so odds are I won't get to this for a while Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XZen - Zenfolio Browser for XBMC0