Req Single Actors Folder
BUMP.

Has this been considered as a new advancedsettings option?

If I could code it, I would and re submit the change... I also agree that a single folder location would be best. I could store it on the SSD with the other files. Smile

Love KODI!!!
I've added it to the popular feature request sticky as it seems a few people would like this.

Still needs someone to code it of course!
+1
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
+1

If this is implemented it would be great if this can also be considered for music album or compilation. I think especially Compilation can be treated better. Currently i always have issues when recannning everythig. Then the images of compliations have to be added again.

\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums
\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums\.artists
\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums\.artists\
\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums\.artists\4 Non Blondes.nfo
\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums\.artists\4 Non Blondes-fanart.jpg
\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums\.artists\4 Non Blondes-artist.jpg
\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums\.artists\Atomic Kitten.nfo
\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums\.artists\Atomic Kitten-fanart.jpg
\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums\.artists\Atomic Kitten-artist.jpg

My folderstructure is as follows
\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums\<ALBUM ARTIST>\<ALBUM/COMPILATION>

E.g.
\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums\4 Non Blondes\Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
\\DS2413_1\Vol 1 Music\Albums\Various Artists\Forrest Gump The Soundtrack

Or maybe save the artist infoirmation in the correspoinding <ALBUM ARTIST> folder

Thanks in advance
Fileservers:
Core i5 2500k, 16 GB RAM, Areca 1280ML 24x RAID Controller, 4x 2TB Samsung HDD, 6x 500 GB Samsung HDD, VM ESXi 4.1, Windows 7 x64
Synology Diskstation 2413+, 6x 6 TB WD RED, 6x 3 TB WD RED

My PC:
Intel Core i7 2600K, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD, Geforce GTX660, Windows 7 x64

HTPC:
Zotac ZBOX ID91, 8 GB RAM, 64 GB Crucial M4 SSD, Windows 7 x64
I currently have a single actor folder contains poster and people.nfo. My local scraper writes a path substitution in the nfo for each actor. Makes for a very nice, clean, simplified installation and management of my videos. But core Kodi support would help make things a lot better. Especially if updates on actor images could be done easily. But I'm thinking of switching to ember media manager for a couple reasons and it does not support this setup. I hate giving this up but tempted if EMM proves worth the trade off.
Along with reworking Kodi for this could bring options to add images for actors in music videos, the ability to update/refresh actor images, etc..
any new update to this topic? my thumbs is about 3gb, about 70,000 files, not sure if its duplicates because they are across folders numbered 0-9 and a-f. for me i think its just a matter of duplicates instead of centralized since they are in the user folder anyway. just a matter of looking up the actors id that matches the imdb id and if its missing, download it. i think asking for it to be placed in the root of the movies share would be asking to much. i have multiple hard drives and have kodi on multiple devices so it would be easier to have kodi read the thumbnails from the root instead of having all the devices have to download 3gb worth of data. especially if its a mobile device.

im using ember media manager and it creates a .actor folder inside the movie folder title. i use that for scraping my movies and getting the .nfo with all the movie data i can possibly add to it. not sure if kodi is using it tho.
(2015-11-27, 03:44)beesmyer Wrote: I currently have a single actor folder contains poster and people.nfo. My local scraper writes a path substitution in the nfo for each actor. Makes for a very nice, clean, simplified installation and management of my videos. But core Kodi support would help make things a lot better. Especially if updates on actor images could be done easily. But I'm thinking of switching to ember media manager for a couple reasons and it does not support this setup. I hate giving this up but tempted if EMM proves worth the trade off.

Any chance of a write up for this?? Angel
+1
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
+1
A single .actors folder would be a great addition. Have many duplicate actors taking up space.
+1 bump please devs!http://forum.kodi.tv/newreply.php?tid=153297
+1
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
I would also love this. I have had actor thumbnails turned off for years and I miss them lol. One of the first things i suggest when people ask about space for the smaller powered devices like Fur Stick.
(2016-11-14, 18:34)Idokfire Wrote: I have had actor thumbnails turned off for years...
Same here. There's an option in Media Companion (prob'ly been there ages but I've only just found it!) to use a local actors' thumbnails folder. The .nfo contains a link to the local folder.
Next time I re-scan there will be thumbs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Single Actors Folder0