Req Single Actors Folder
(2016-11-14, 19:01)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 18:34)Idokfire Wrote: I have had actor thumbnails turned off for years...
Same here. There's an option in Media Companion (prob'ly been there ages but I've only just found it!) to use a local actors' thumbnails folder. The .nfo contains a link to the local folder.
Next time I re-scan there will be thumbs.
Interesting. I normally use EMM. May have to try this out, Thanxx.
Hoping this may make it into kodi 18 Smile

Appreciate your work kodi devs Nerd
I hope it makes it into Kodi 18 too.

For home movies I created my own nfo files with actors being the various family members. I then tried using actor pictures only taken from the specific family movie so that each persons [actors] face is in sync with the home movie. But Interestingly even when I use different pictures for the same actor in each folder it mostly picks up one picture and uses it all the time.... so putting all the actors in one folder is probably not going to hurt anyone and in fact it probably will make it easier for those trying to organize their home movies.
I hope this wouldn't be difficult to implement. Be great if someone could look into it for v18 if possible.

Having multiple gigabytes of actors images with many duplicates. Be nice to free up some space.

Thanks
Currently the actor db cannot have duplicates for an actor name. This is quite restrictive. I have a system which is dependent on the IMDB id of an actor as opposed to the name. This is needs changes to all scrapers which add to the actors,directors or writers tables, now requiring a unique (IMDB) id for the individual but allowing duplicate names. I have rewritten the IMDB and TVDB scrapers to take this into account and removed the unique index on name in the actors table of the db and added an IMDB id column which is set as unique. I have merged the actors and thumbs db for multiple profiles to prevent duplication. Unfortunately to implement this means a number of changes to the Kodi application and movie and tv scrapers all at the same time. This may have implications for a number of addons etc which I do not use and maybe different languages.

This approach is dependent on a unique actor/writer/director id.

I have been using this for 4 years for both movie and tv modified scrapers and a modified kodi/xbmc. 

I am happy to share the code, approach etc if people are interested
Wondering if a "pullrequest" would make sense. (without knewing if the Teammember will like it)
Any news on this? Couldn't reach lemonboy via PM (offline since his last message).
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Currently actor images are scraped automatically when I use Kodi.  When I go into the Info page under cast, a single actor image for each cast member appears.  Selecting one of those actor image opens a bios page.  From there I can select 'Artwork' and more images about that actor appear.  I'd like to add my own custom images somehow so they appear also.  Is this possible?  Really appreciate any tips if it is.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Can anyone tell me what line of code must I put in movie nfo file to tell Kodi "go to ACTORS folder and look there for actors pictures"?

All my movies have nfo file with all information (I dont want to rely on internet connection and I want total control over move informations....so I have nfo file for every movie).
So far I have ".actors" folder in main movie folder with actors pictures - for every movie.
If I can write something in nfo file so I could have ONE actors folder with ALL actors pictures - that would be great Smile
@ivan,

(2018-01-13, 21:18)ivan Wrote: If I can write something in nfo file so I could have ONE actors folder with ALL actors pictures - that would be great

No you cannot do that.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Tnx for quick reply....So, the only thing that remains is to hope something similar will be implemented in future Kodi releases.
Yes, that is what this entire thread is about Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-13, 21:21)Karellen Wrote: @ivan,
(2018-01-13, 21:18)ivan Wrote: If I can write something in nfo file so I could have ONE actors folder with ALL actors pictures - that would be great

No you cannot do that. 
You can do it with a media manager and / or .nfo files.  Media Companion has the option, dunno whether other media managers do - all it involves is downloading the actor thumbs to a central folder and linking to that in the .nfo file.  So my entries look something like this:
Quote:    <actor>
        <id>0000142</id>
        <name>Clint Eastwood</name>
        <role>Walt Kowalski</role>
        <thumb>smb://Source smashingartwork/ActorThumbs/C/Clint_Eastwood_0000142.jpg</thumb>
        <order>1</order>
    </actor>
where 'smb://Source smashingartwork/ActorThumbs' is a pathsub to a folder on a usb stick on my router.
Oh, yes of course you can. Didn't think of that. Thanks @troggy

I don't think TMM has that option. Never looked for it though.
My Signature
(2018-01-13, 21:02)brazen1 Wrote: Currently actor images are scraped automatically when I use Kodi.  When I go into the Info page under cast, a single actor image for each cast member appears.  Selecting one of those actor image opens a bios page.  From there I can select 'Artwork' and more images about that actor appear.  I'd like to add my own custom images somehow so they appear also.  Is this possible?  Really appreciate any tips if it is.
Does no replies confirm adding your own custom actor image(s) is impossible?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Single Actors Folder0