Release MYEPi - Light Skin - Status: 0.2.0315 alpha 2 released
Lightbulb 
Skin Available for Download through SuperRepo, under Skin/Development

> Download MYEPi - SuperRepo Download Page <
Rate and comment if you would like, that would be great Wink

For issues, bugs and suggestions please leave a comment or add it to my Github branch Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------
MYEPi - 0.2.0324 (Release, 24-03-13)
New update, just minor
[*] just some quick fixes,
[*] new view
[*] also new way to navigate through Main Menu ( Part from feedback)

MYEPi - alpha.0.2 (Release, 15-03-13)
- More Library Views
- List view update (larger fonts) - mostly done 25-02-13
- Addon browser list view+info change - mostly done 25-02-13
- Fix background tint in some default views - completely changed
- Dialog Video Info fined tuned - mostly done 25-02-13
- Redo Settings Menu
- Add new Backgrounds
- Work 'Recently Added' layout on the Home screen
- remove some animations
- many more changes

Update 17-02-2013 - alpha.0.1.0217 Released
- Skin has been put on Git
- Initial Commit to the Git
- Added to SuperRepo (World's largest Repo)
- This build has:
- Media Info Library View - for TV Shows (SE,EP), for Movies.
- Movie Information, TV Show (SE,EP) Information view.

Hi Guys, first post ever here.

Well I have gotten myself a Raspberry Pi, have had it for maybe 2 months. Using Xbian on it. Its been great.

I'm sort of a graphic design person, have do some logos and personal web site.

Although I like many skins, some don't work great on the Pi, and as we all know we cant please everyone. So I want start a skin for my XBMC.

What I want to achieve:
  • I'm looking to learn how to skin code. Xml. Scripts, and others.
  • I want this Skin to look great on a TV.
  • Fast and fluid
  • Beautiful skin

DESIGN LANGUAGE:

I like the METRO design language. I'm a fan on MS windows phone and windows 8. So I will probably try and add some of its characteristics on this skin. I won't make the layout exactly like MS designs, but some of the ideas of it.

ABOUT THE SKIN

Name: MYEPi
Resolution: 720p

Current screenshots - Alpha build

watch gallery

MOCKUPS

Here's one image I have of a library view.
> Library view - v1 - a mock up I made, I want to have a view like this.

I would like to know if any one knows how to make the view on my concept, is it possible to have the Poster come in at an angle?

Please if you could give me a hand would be great.
I dont own a pi but i like this so far
looks promising, so lets see how you do from here
Seemds great i will give it a try.
Thanks!!!
Looks nice but when I was testing my rpi I found that all the posters was the thing that made it go slow all the time not to mention fanart I would of thought a rpi skin should use less art work.

But maybe that's just me
Clicked the skin page link, am forced to create a user account, hate that, you lost me at that point already. A pity!
(2013-02-22, 10:54)j1nx Wrote: Clicked the skin page link, am forced to create a user account, hate that, you lost me at that point already. A pity!

I was able to download the skin from the super repo website without having to create an account.

@MYEtro: You might wanna change the icon of the skin to something else than "Confluence Horizontal".
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Sorry if didn't work fast enough. Works fine in mine, I have XBian on it though.

This is really early build. I will keep making it lighter. When you say all the posters, do you mean in the home screen? I noticed when you go over to movies, and theres recently added movie, the menu gets a bit slow, but only on the first time you do it.

(2013-02-22, 05:20)Jezz_X Wrote: Looks nice but when I was testing my rpi I found that all the posters was the thing that made it go slow all the time not to mention fanart I would of thought a rpi skin should use less art work.

But maybe that's just me

@j1nx Thanks. Yep, I should had done before. will update it this weekend. Did you like it? was is slow for you?

I'm thinking maybe the font rendering in the Media Info view makes it slower, as the size is 60. Might need to change that, any suggestions please let me know.

Thank you guy for downloading.
Sorry I didn't actually try your skin I was just saying while I was trying confluence on my rpi I found that the media graphics took the longest to load and removing them all and making a default icon only skin it went way smoother Smile
(2013-02-22, 10:57)Montellese Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 10:54)j1nx Wrote: Clicked the skin page link, am forced to create a user account, hate that, you lost me at that point already. A pity!

I was able to download the skin from the super repo website without having to create an account.

Everything is greyed out, besides the login button!

Anyway, hope it evolves in a sexy, but light weigth skin. We need more of those now we have hitted the ARM market.
(2013-02-22, 21:02)j1nx Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 10:57)Montellese Wrote:

Everything is greyed out, besides the login button!

..and you tried to simply click anywhere in grayed area to dismiss it?
too small fonts for tv ... but very fluid.

clean up a little bit more and dont use dark colors. its hard to read. take some notice from the metro style like youve written Smile

good job
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
@moneymaker
Thank you for your feedback.
> small fonts, where? the only place i have changed the font sizes is the media info library view. I will work on other views and windows, i do plan to make fonts bigger as i have problems reading on my TV.

> agree with you, i will try and not use dark colours. I kinda want to do a dark/light version, not sure how yet.
Can't wait for more feedback. Thanks
small fonts eg: setting menu, side menu for choosing view mode
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
Guys next version is shaping up nicely. Unfortunately haven't got much time lately, hopefully will have something by next w/end. There are so many things still to be changed. Once I get everything changed to the way I want, I will be adding features and fine tuning the design more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MYEPi - Light Skin - Status: 0.2.0315 alpha 2 released0