update cached folder.jpg thumbs in music file mode?
I use music in file mode and every folder has a folder.jpq, works brilliantly. I recently updated some folder.jpg files to better versions but by default xbmc ignores this and won't show any of the newer folder.jpg images. Playing the folder or scanning it to library also won't update them, as if xbmc doesn't see I now have different folder.jpg files there.

In the past I have deleted textures database but that also deletes all cached images for movies and tv shows meaning I had to rescan those as well (first setting both tv shows and movies to content "none" then reenabling them and rescanning). Quite a lot of work to update 4 folder.jpg files. Is there an easier way to force xbmc to see that I have upated a few folder.jpg images?

also my method above means I lose the "watched" status for all tv shows. So if there is an easier way please enlighten me.
I feel your pain. Im currently going through steps to update all my folder.jpg files to better ones.
I also play music in file mode.

I honestly think you only have 2 options.

1: delete music DB and thumbnails folder and rescan from scratch.
2. rename the album folders, even an extra space between artist and album name works.

If anyone knows an easier way I'd love to hear it. Renaming some album folders is one thing, but having to rename hundreds is bonkers.
If you're on Frodo, just update the jpg's and it will pick it up automatically after a couple days.

If you're on Eden, you're shit out of luck without a bunch of manual mucking around.

There's a reason I spent weeks implementing the new texture cache Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Lol,
I've really thought about updating to frodo but a little scared if I'm honest. Scared ill lose all my thumbs, fanart, etc etc.
Is it an easy enough process? Surely it's not just a matter of writing over the top of eden is it?
It is a matter of just writing over the top. For sanity, I'd backup userdata and addons (both in appdata or .xbmc) just in case, but we've done a lot of work ensuring it's smooth (can't guarantee the downgrade, thus the backup).

Frodo final should be less than a week away.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan, I'll hold off till
Final release, didn't realise it was so soon. I will most definetly do a backup first.

Thanks
Thanks Jmarsahall! For the reply and all the work:-) I am allready on Frodo by the way, any clue how long it can take before it notices updated files? Is there like a nuilt in timer that refreshes every x days/hours?

Great that al the manual stuff is no loner needed and I get to keep watched-history

update: cool! just rechecked some thumbs, saw the old ones, scrolled - new ones appeared just before my eyes! - still curious though how often it will refresh ;-)
Ok so ive updated my folders.jpg but i have a feeling xbmc has updated the thm files again and the library is now using them again.
Is this what happens? If so, is there way to tell xbmc to use the folder.jpg?
I sure hope so.

Thanks
For library you probably need to rescan. My issue is with file mode.
No I'm using file mode too. When I say library, I really just meant music section.
Just update pics, wait a few days and suddenly the new pics will show. Hopefully someone can tell us how long this can take.
(2013-01-25, 23:54)jmarshall Wrote: If you're on Frodo, just update the jpg's and it will pick it up automatically after a couple days.

If you're on Eden, you're shit out of luck without a bunch of manual mucking around.

There's a reason I spent weeks implementing the new texture cache Wink

I just updated to frodo and had to just delete my old music db as it wouldn't find anything. Clicking on artists for instance would bring up an error saying "Missing or invalid path" or something similar. Anyway, I've rescanned my library now and just did an "Query info for all artists" to re-find everything again and have a couple problems. Using the Universal artists scraper it seems to miss some artists. Changing the scraper to audiodb, finds it again, then going back to UAS it finds it just fine. I'm at a loss there...

Anyway, even when it found the bio it didn't show the artist thumb I had in the artist folder. (folder.jpg) I had thought there was a button somewhere to choose the artist thumb but I can't find it now. From what I am reading here, I would have to go and re-save every folder.jpg in every artist folder and wait a couple days to be able to use my existing thumbs? Please tell me I've overlooked something as this doesn't seem like much of a solution. This also wouldn't address contributing artists that don't have their own folder. I'm hoping you may be able to point me in the right direction so I can get my music back up to snuff.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
update cached folder.jpg thumbs in music file mode?0