CPU Usage?
Is it normal for XBMC to make my CPU usage jump and stay around 50%, when idle?
running an i5 3570 6gb ram.
Running Eden
anyone?
Its not normal i think. Im running an AMD a10 which is about 7 to 15% in use on idle.
Are u sure xbmc is doing nothing like scanning the library or scraping Info...?
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Thanks, no its not scraping anything. Its a nre pc build so its brand new,
i5, 6gb ram, GeForce 670 and running off an SSD so very up to date.
Ive no idea whats causing this. Also, whenever i go to shutdown XBMC, it takes a good 7-8 seconds, not much but i know its not supposed to do that.

Anyone any ideas?
it could be another program...
Have u checked Windows Task Manager? Check 'Processes' tab.
HTPC
[AMD Phenom II x3 740 unlocked to quad core lapped with Zalman cooler OCed to 3.6Ghz, 128gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD, Nvidia EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost 1gb, 3TB WD Caviar Red, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3, 4gb Corsair 1333Mhz RAM, MSI 890GMX-G65, Corsar HX420, LG Blu-ray Writer]

Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 AV Receiver
Custom 5.1 speakers

XBMC 12.2 Frodo
Windows 8 Enterprise x64
its definetly xbmc, i close it down at the cpu drops to 1%
let xbmc run and alt+tab back to desktop. then check in taskmanager what is using cpu...
if its definatly xbmc, pls post a debug log ..
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Hi, thank you.
Here is part of the debug logging. starting from when i enabled debug logging, after which i went to shutdown and exited.
Thanks

http://pastebin.com/NDv3rDT5
Anyone guys? I dont really understand what any of that means and hoping someone can help.
I dont think my CPU should be sitting at 50% when running XBMC, and why i takes a good 7-8 seconds to close isnt right either i dont think.

Thanks
Seems to be the addon Library Watchdog that's causing errors and taking ~4s to be stopped.
Maybe your problem is related to that addon? You may take a look at the Wiki ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...y_watchdog ) and the linked forum's thread there.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
wow, you were right. CPU has now went down to 5% went I disabled that. Loved that add on too.
Strange though that XBMC still takes the same amount of time to close so possibly something else is causing that?
Try to uninstall the addon completely - had a similar issue once with another (pvr-) addon, it took ~10s to quit XBMC when the pvr-server wasn't online when I quit XBMC, uninstalling the addon solved this.
Hint: if you are running Vista/Win7 and have UAC enabled, run XBMC with elevated rights once when uninstalling addons as it will have to delete the addon files within its program folder which needs more rights.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Hi pal. I dont actually think thats whats causing it to take a while to exit. I dont really know much about debug logs but i think its something else causing it.
Ive uninstalled the add on and also deleted the folder in userdata - addon.
Im really annoyed though as i really really liked that addon as it would update the library as soon as something new was seen, but if its going to make my CPU load to hit 50% theres no point.
The library updater can only be ran on an hourly basis.
I just had RAM usage at a steady 80% when I got home tonight, closed several other programs I had running. As soon as I close XBMC (Frodo RC3), ram usage dropped to 22% (Still running a few programs). My CPU usage is always below 10% (average), unless I'm using Hand Brake...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CPU Usage?0