Solved "Okay" button is at the bottom, but pressing down does not reach it
Problem: Sometimes in Confluence an "Okay" button is physically at the bottom of a screen, but pressing down does not reach it. Instead, the user has to press right or left. Occasionally I even get tripped up on this still and for a moment go "wtf, why is it not going down?"

Solution: Not really sure. Maybe make the "okay" button say something like:

"<-- = Okay" (though that's still not actually true, since you still have to press select for it to actually press Okay).

I'm sure there's lots of little GUI improvements that could be done and tweaked and all that, but this one in particular has always bugged me.
Quote:Problem: Sometimes in Confluence an "Okay" button is physically at the bottom of a screen, but pressing down does not reach it. Instead, the user has to press right or left. Occasionally I even get tripped up on this still and for a moment go "wtf, why is it not going down?"

Solution: Not really sure. Maybe make the "okay" button say something like:

This is normally due to lists being used where a dropdown or combobox type thing would be more appropriate. If you screenshot the areas, we can focus the brainstorming.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Here's one.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160775

Also, that whole "not seeing files when adding a source" really throws users, too. They come to the fair conclusion that if nothing is listed then something is wrong.
If they could reach OK they wouldn't really have had an issue with the lack of listing I think?

Ideally the OK/Cancel need to be on the left (or right) of the list near the top.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I went through some of the skins we have on the XBMC repo and found 4 that take that approach. Perhaphs one of these could serve as inspiration?

Metropolis:

reFocus BIG (not on the XBMC.org repo, but a really nice skin):

XeeBo:

xTV-SAF:
Ping on this in light of this thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179514

It's obviously up to the release managers how much skin-exclusive change we make to Confluence from the 10th on, but the UPnP fixes and moving the OK/Cancel buttons to the left of the lists both seem like extremely useful "simple" fixes that would dramatically benefit UX. @ronie or @BigNoid , any thoughts?
From the above I think XeeBo has it most intuative way, which is select left then action right, IMHO I think this is the most natural way since most cultures read left to right therefore your workflow should be left to right.
something like this ?

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I like it!
That'd definitely work for me. I assume the navigation is switched from moving left to moving right? Or alternatively, it can go both ways?
Looks perfect to me Smile
Looks awesome
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I think the art work is a bit too small in the filebrowser. How about this:

I'd make the "browse for source" dialog narrower, people with file and foldernames that long that they needed such long lines need to be punished Wink
Also, while the positioning is somewhat fine, I don't like that you don't recognize the buttons right away as such (mabe it's just the screenshots, don't know). I see two solutions to this: give buttons a different color (blue maybe) or give the the column they reside in a slightly different background color (greyish maybe)

edit: @BigNoid
looks like a bit too much of wasted space

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Okay" button is at the bottom, but pressing down does not reach it0