A Little Coding Help Please...
Ok thanks aeneas1 can you please reply my last query here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2561552
which line i have to edit to change the name of the category list is it in home.xml file? ,
can you cut and paste the exact line, Thanks.
(2017-04-03, 07:30)Hitcher Wrote: I faced the same problem with XeeBo but managed to overcome it by using fake lists.

https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.xeebo
finally figured it out, a lot of trial an error adjusting poster size in the view_54_infowall.xml file combined with adjusting margin widths in the includes_home.xml file...anyway, worth the tedious "save edits, relaunch kodi, check the results, rinse and repeat" given it was driving me crazy!
(2017-04-05, 05:31)aeneas1 Wrote: worth the tedious "save edits, relaunch kodi, check the results"

Bind a key to the ReloadSkin() command in your kodi keymap, this will save you from having to relaunch kodi everytime. I use F5

e.g. in your .kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
       <F5>ReloadSkin()</F5>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Wiki on editing keymap
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_keymaps
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-04-05, 06:23)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 05:31)aeneas1 Wrote: worth the tedious "save edits, relaunch kodi, check the results"

Bind a key to the ReloadSkin() command in your kodi keymap, this will save you from having to relaunch kodi everytime. I use F5

e.g. in your .kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
       <F5>ReloadSkin()</F5>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Wiki on editing keymap
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_keymaps
really don't know why i didn't ask about this before i started editing files weeks ago, it would have saved me a ton of time! some time ago i edited a phpbb website, gave it a face lift, and the phpbb software had a "recompile" option that allowed you to do the same thing....

anyway, tried doing this but can't get it going.... the keyboard.xml files that currently exist are as follows:

C:\Media\Kodi\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml
C:\Media\Kodi\system\keymaps\nyxboard\keyboard.xml
C:\Media\Kodi\system\keymaps\wetek-play\keyboard.xml
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps\ <EMPTY>

the userdata\keymaps folder is empty, so i created a keyboard.xml file, added the code you posted to it, and saved it to the userdata\keymaps folder but no love... any idea how i can get it to work? i think i read that if the key is already used by kodi adding another instance won't work, not sure if kodi already had f5 mapped that does something else?

UPDATE: got it working, thank very much! again, just wish i wasn't pretty much done with my edits! then again, is anyone ever pretty much done with their edits, ha ha...
Make yourself a debug mask too if you haven't already, then bind a key to toggle it.

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <J>RELOADSKIN</J>
      <g>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugInfo)</g>
      <f1>Enter</f1>
      <f2>Backspace</f2>
      <x>stop</x>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

ie. Custom_1198_Debug_Overlay.xml

Code:
<window type="dialog" id="1198">
    <zorder>2</zorder>
    <visible>!Window.IsVisible(startup)</visible>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(DebugInfo)</visible>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <!-- Window/Dialog debug -->
</control>
</controls>
</window>

..someone might give you their's, mine is a mess!!! but it might be in one of my git skins by mistake ..
1. weird, the f5 key is working fine for the most part but ti doesn't work for changes made to the addon.xml file? any way to get it to inlcude changes to this file as well?

2. what does a debug mask do? allow you to track down issues that prevent the skin or kodi from working properly?
(2017-04-07, 01:17)aeneas1 Wrote: 1. weird, the f5 key is working fine for the most part but ti doesn't work for changes made to the addon.xml file? any way to get it to inlcude changes to this file as well?

2. what does a debug mask do? allow you to track down issues that prevent the skin or kodi from working properly?

2. Yeah, here's part of mine:
Where is the home.xml in Android lollipop box. I cant seems to find it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Little Coding Help Please...0