• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
(2013-04-07, 19:30)saitoh183 Wrote: How are your files movieset files named? Like if you set the settings to poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, then your movieset files must be named <collection_name>-poster.jpg and <collection_name>-fanart.jpg. The collection_name must be the exact same as the <set> tag in the nfo file.

Thank you for response.

According to the first page they don't need the collection name.

Code:
Example using common folders (movies stored in own folders under set folder)
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\fanart.jpg
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\folder.jpg
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\Alien\Alien (1979) [BDRip] [1080p] [q18] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\Aliens\Aliens (1986) [BDRip] [1080p] [q20] [FLAC].mkv

My setup is shown here in Post 96.

It was recognizing the sets before the redo, it just wasn't assigning the fanart until I pressed "I" Info for each collection. Now it sees all collections during the scrape, but only assigns artwork to one as shown here:
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-04-07, 22:05)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 19:30)saitoh183 Wrote: How are your files movieset files named? Like if you set the settings to poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, then your movieset files must be named <collection_name>-poster.jpg and <collection_name>-fanart.jpg. The collection_name must be the exact same as the <set> tag in the nfo file.

Thank you for response.

Code:

It was recognizing the sets before the redo, it just wasn't assigning the fanart until I pressed "I" Info for each collection. Now it sees all collections during the scrape, but only assigns artwork to one as shown here:

They don't if they are setup like on page1 but if they are setup like me, in a folder called movieset then all artwork in it, they need to have the collection name if the file name
(2013-04-07, 23:02)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 22:05)CaptainKen Wrote:

Thank you for response.

Code:

They don't if they are setup like on page1 but if they are setup like me, in a folder called movieset then all artwork in it, they need to have the collection name if the file name

It appears that there is a settings to determine if the movie prefix is needed or not.
(2013-04-05, 23:40)kaffekask Wrote: Is there any reason that you insert thumb and poster ast types in Frodo?
Would be really nice if it only added poster as type if it's Frodo.

(2013-04-06, 10:29)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 23:40)kaffekask Wrote: Is there any reason that you insert thumb and poster ast types in Frodo?
Would be really nice if it only added poster as type if it's Frodo.

I would agree that thumb is unnecessary for Frodo, which only requires fanart and poster.

@Trent In a future update could you stop MSAA from creating thumbs for Frodo?

Yeah the reason it sets both is to make sure it works. XBMC (or more likely the skin) can decide which artwork type to use, and i found in testing that sometimes you would still see the thumb artwork after setting a poster but not updating the thumb.

Why does it bother you, noise in the DB? I could always ignore the thumb type if it isn't already set.
(2013-04-07, 18:43)CaptainKen Wrote: This just keeps getting stranger! I just completed a fresh install again, and now moviesetartwork when launched shows it finding all my sets, which also shows up in the log, but at the end it says it has only updated 1 set. And in fact, it has only updated one set. I've tried version 0.1.7 and 0.1.8.

Today's Log file

If you don't find anything in the log would you please advise on what I can do to track down what's happening? I've sent the log and videos, so I'm clueless what else I can do to assist you?

I think the upgrade has not worked properly (installing addon updates in Frodo via zip seems buggy). The log is still saying 0.1.7 but using settings values from 0.1.8

Code:
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - ############################################################
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)                   #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    script.moviesetart                                    #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    Trent Fitzgibbon                                      #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    0.1.7                                                 #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #                                                          #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    Thanks to Frost (passion-xbmc.org) for example        #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    code used in this addon                               #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - ############################################################
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Search common folders: 1
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Enable artwork folder: 0
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Artwork folder:
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Include sub folders: 0
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Thumb filename: folder.jpg, poster.jpg
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Fanart filename: fanart.jpg

"Thumb filename: folder.jpg, poster.jpg" was not supported in 0.1.7

Please blow away the addon folder (eg C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviesetart.frodo), re-install 0.1.8, and then reset addon settings to default.
(2013-04-08, 10:40)trentf Wrote: Yeah the reason it sets both is to make sure it works. XBMC (or more likely the skin) can decide which artwork type to use, and i found in testing that sometimes you would still see the thumb artwork after setting a poster but not updating the thumb.

Most probably a caching issue.

(2013-04-08, 10:40)trentf Wrote: Why does it bother you, noise in the DB? I could always ignore the thumb type if it isn't already set.

Pretty much just that. Smile And it being (in theory) not necessary so extra work (albeit minor) on the part of the add-on.

Your suggestion sounds like a workable solution, though I'd still suggest dropping it completely as I suspect what you experienced may have been due to caching, or using a not fully Frodo compliant skin. If anyone complains while using the stock skin then bring it back (or implement your "ignore" solution) but I highly doubt they will.

(2013-04-08, 10:51)trentf Wrote: I think the upgrade has not worked properly (installing addon updates in Frodo via zip seems buggy). The log is still saying 0.1.7 but using settings values from 0.1.8

Have you considered creating a 3rd party repository, or adding self update support to the addon? It's a Dharma era page but I'm assuming the self-update part is still valid in Frodo.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-04-08, 10:51)trentf Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 18:43)CaptainKen Wrote: This just keeps getting stranger! I just completed a fresh install again, and now moviesetartwork when launched shows it finding all my sets, which also shows up in the log, but at the end it says it has only updated 1 set. And in fact, it has only updated one set. I've tried version 0.1.7 and 0.1.8.

Today's Log file

If you don't find anything in the log would you please advise on what I can do to track down what's happening? I've sent the log and videos, so I'm clueless what else I can do to assist you?

I think the upgrade has not worked properly (installing addon updates in Frodo via zip seems buggy). The log is still saying 0.1.7 but using settings values from 0.1.8

Code:
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)                   #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    script.moviesetart                                    #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    Trent Fitzgibbon                                      #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    0.1.7                                                 #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #                                                          #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    Thanks to Frost (passion-xbmc.org) for example        #
09:26:18 T:3732  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    code used in this addon                               #
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Search common folders: 1
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Enable artwork folder: 0
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Artwork folder:
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Include sub folders: 0
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Thumb filename: folder.jpg, poster.jpg
09:26:18 T:3732   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Fanart filename: fanart.jpg

"Thumb filename: folder.jpg, poster.jpg" was not supported in 0.1.7

Please blow away the addon folder (eg C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviesetart.frodo), re-install 0.1.8, and then reset addon settings to default.

I should have thought of trying that myself, but unfortunately I didn't. Instead I went back to a backup copy (as shown below) before a library update, which got me back to see all collections, but still having to press "I" for fanart to appear. So fanart is there if I go into Movies, but not in Movie sets submenu unless I press "I".

@trentf, something has to be going on since I can reproduce this issue going back through all backups. Should I be using a different debug option?
(2013-04-08, 12:31)MilhouseVH Wrote: Have you considered creating a 3rd party repository, or adding self update support to the addon? It's a Dharma era page but I'm assuming the self-update part is still valid in Frodo.

Yeah thanks for the link. This addon is pretty trivial and i am not expecting many more updates, but it might be worth taking a look.

(2013-04-08, 21:28)CaptainKen Wrote: @trentf, something has to be going on since I can reproduce this issue going back through all backups. Should I be using a different debug option?

If the database is being updated, there is not much more I can do. The rest is up to XBMC and the skin. You were running an earlier version of Aeon Nox, have you tried updating?
(2013-04-08, 10:40)trentf Wrote: Yeah the reason it sets both is to make sure it works. XBMC (or more likely the skin) can decide which artwork type to use, and i found in testing that sometimes you would still see the thumb artwork after setting a poster but not updating the thumb.

Why does it bother you, noise in the DB? I could always ignore the thumb type if it isn't already set.

I didn't upgrade from Eden, I started with a clean installation of Frodo so I didn't have any thumb entries in the DB before, so I'm happily unaware of any ot the problems you mention. Big Grin
Haven't noticed any problems in any of the skins I've been testing, but I noticed some cashing issues when I was stressing it with a lot of testing an evening.

For me any unnecessary row in an database is just one more small step towards a slow database, so if you could solve it with ignoring adding the thumb entry if there isn't any since before in the DB that would be great.

At the moment I remove the line that put in thumb, so there isn't any big issue for me, I just have to remember to that that aftar an update.
(2013-04-09, 00:24)trentf Wrote:
(2013-04-08, 21:28)CaptainKen Wrote: @trentf, something has to be going on since I can reproduce this issue going back through all backups. Should I be using a different debug option?

If the database is being updated, there is not much more I can do. The rest is up to XBMC and the skin. You were running an earlier version of Aeon Nox, have you tried updating?

Since I'm on v4.0.9, which is the most currently release, shall I assume that you're referring to trying a GIT version?
It's a long shot, but try clearing out your cache and re-caching the content.

My script can help (see here). Once you've downloaded it - it's just a single file - you can query the media library for the file details behind each set (texturecache.py jd sets) and maybe get enough information to work out if/why there is something wrong. Failing that, look in the texture cache to see what files are there and where they came from (texturecache.py s "somesetname"). If that doesn't help, then there is probably nothing for it but to delete your cached sets, and automatically re-cache them (texturecache.py C sets, or if you want to try with just one sample set, texturecache.py C sets "somesetname").
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-04-09, 00:53)kaffekask Wrote: For me any unnecessary row in an database is just one more small step towards a slow database, so if you could solve it with ignoring adding the thumb entry if there isn't any since before in the DB that would be great.

At the moment I remove the line that put in thumb, so there isn't any big issue for me, I just have to remember to that that aftar an update.

Sure, I can change this next time I touch the code.

(2013-04-09, 01:04)CaptainKen Wrote: Since I'm on v4.0.9, which is the most currently release, shall I assume that you're referring to trying a GIT version?

No, I wasn't referring to GIT, you referred to an earlier version in one of your previous posts.
I see you have added a line to the language file. So here is the dutch translation again
Code:
<string id="32020">    Set naam als een prefix gebruiken</string>

For the future if you have newer build and add more options, you can always send me a pm for the translation Smile
HI,

I use Frodo 12.2 as a single seat installation and I don't have mysql installed. Does it work with the local database as well, cuz I don't get it to work. Maybe there is a setting that I have missed

My folder structure is like this

Test/motel.mkv
Test/motel.jpg
Test/motel-fanart.jpg
Test/Bourne/Bourne I.mkv
Test/Bourne/Bourne I.jpg
Test/Bourne/Bourne I-fanart-jpg
Test/Bourne/Bourne II.mkv
Test/Bourne/Bourne II.jpg
Test/Bourne/Bourne II-fanart.jpg
Test/Bourne/folder.jpg

Thanks
scorpie
(2013-05-12, 19:15)scorpie Wrote: HI,

I use Frodo 12.2 as a single seat installation and I don't have mysql installed. Does it work with the local database as well, cuz I don't get it to work. Maybe there is a setting that I have missed

My folder structure is like this

Test/motel.mkv
Test/motel.jpg
Test/motel-fanart.jpg
Test/Bourne/Bourne I.mkv
Test/Bourne/Bourne I.jpg
Test/Bourne/Bourne I-fanart-jpg
Test/Bourne/Bourne II.mkv
Test/Bourne/Bourne II.jpg
Test/Bourne/Bourne II-fanart.jpg
Test/Bourne/folder.jpg

Thanks
scorpie

Yes works with local db. Do you have a poster.jpg and fanart.jpg for each SET?

I've had problems with mine however, where I have to press info for set fanart to show up.

See this post
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6