• 12(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
I have changed a few of my movie set fanart pictures, rescanned, and they are still showing the old pictures. How do I get it to update properly? I even tried manually changing them via the info dialog but they won't update. It's been 3 days.
(2013-08-01, 01:05)StinDaWg Wrote: I have changed a few of my movie set fanart pictures, rescanned, and they are still showing the old pictures. How do I get it to update properly? I even tried manually changing them via the info dialog but they won't update. It's been 3 days.

Have you tried deleting the movies that you changed artwork for and then updating library and running the movie set automator again?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-08-01, 01:17)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-08-01, 01:05)StinDaWg Wrote: I have changed a few of my movie set fanart pictures, rescanned, and they are still showing the old pictures. How do I get it to update properly? I even tried manually changing them via the info dialog but they won't update. It's been 3 days.

Have you tried deleting the movies that you changed artwork for and then updating library and running the movie set automator again?
Yes, old pictures still show up, even when it visually looks like I'm selecting the new ones in the menu.
Have you tried forcing a texture cache update? Download the script, and run "./texturecache.py C sets" - if you still have a problem after that, your artwork sources are wrong (view them with "./texturecache.py jd sets").
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ok after reviewing your very detailed instructions and at the risk of being a real dumb butt, I'm not understanding how to run texturecache. Confused

In the first post it initially says: "A default properties file is available on github, rename this to texturecache.cfg in order to use it."

Then an example is given: "Execute: ./texturecache.py s "Dr. No" to search for my Dr. No related artwork"

If the py was renamed to cgf, then how can you execute it?

Where do you execute it from?
@CaptainKen: If you've got a Linux system, just download the script as detailed in the thread then run it as described. If your system is Windows, you'll need to install Python 2.7.3 first, and download the script from github (easiest way is to view the texturecache.py source code in "raw" format, click "save as...." in your browser and save as "texturecache.py").

As for a configuration file, you'll normally only need this to tell the script where your xbmc userdata folder is. The script will try and use a default folder (on many Linux installs this defaults to ~/.xbmc/userdata) but for Windows you'll probably need to set "userdata=c:\blah\userdata" where "blah" is the path on your system. You can also add a whole bunch of other settings to the properties file, but userdata is usually the most important - run "texturecache.py config" to see your current settings, most of which can be overridden in your properties file.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you MilhouseVH for responding.

According to the Python site, the current production versions are 2.7.5 and 3.3.2. And v2.7.3 isn't in the list anywhere.
2.7.5 is fine. 3.3.2 should also work, but I test mainly with 2.7.x.
Just an observation from here, it appears that MSAA 0.1.8 is capable of creating slightly mangled artwork filenames depending on whether MSAA is run on Windows or Linux.

Example:
Code:
smb://SERVER2/video2/Movies Anime Sets/Blender Open Movies\poster.jpg
where the path (smb://SERVER2/video2/Movies Anime Sets/Blender Open Movies) has been joined with the artwork name (poster.jpg) using a backward slash (\) rather than a forward slash.

Looking at the code, it's because MSAA is using os.path.join() which is normally correct, but of course with a share (smb, nfs, etc.) you want to use a forward slash - which is what you'll get on Linux - but in Windows you'll get a backward slash, which isn't what you want. Conversely, when processing a local drive (E:\something) you would want to join paths using a backward slash, but if such a path were processed by MSAA running on a Linux machine it would create a mixture of backward slashes and forward slashes, which may cause problems for the Windows PC (not that it's likely you'd be using local drives where a Linux machine is concerned, but you get the idea).

Anyway, I'd suggest all the os.path.join() calls are replaced by a function that joins the paths using either a forward or backward slash as appropriate for the path and not the current OS. The simplest option would be to inspect the path and if it's a share (matches regex "^.*:.*") always use a forward slash, and if not a share then count the number of forward and backward slashes using the slash that occurs the most often to join the paths (if there's a tie, use the first slash - forward or backward - found in the path). Or maybe always use the first slash occurrence for non-shares. There may be simpler/better solutions too.

Enhancement request: Would it be possible to add an option - perhaps a one-shot setting which is reset (disabled) after each run - to "Overwrite existing database artwork"? This would be handy if you have existing (but incorrect) artwork defined for your sets, and just want everything reloaded.
hmm not sure if i took that into account with AD. It shouldn't matter i think. If i did it should be somewhere buried in the code.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-04, 20:44)Martijn Wrote: hmm not sure if i took that into account with AD. It shouldn't matter i think

It probably shouldn't matter, but you never know... the example path
Code:
smb://SERVER2/video2/Movies Anime Sets/Blender Open Movies\poster.jpg
could be interpreted as the file "poster.jpg" in the folder "Blender Open Movies", or maybe it's the file "Blender Open Movies\poster.jpg" in the folder "Movies Anime Sets".

If you request the path using JSON you'll get "smb://SERVER2/video2/Movies Anime Sets/Blender Open Movies\\poster.jpg" (note the escaped backslash) which suggests the path should be interpreted as the latter, not the former.

The file with the backslash is being cached correctly however, but the mixture of slashes is asking for trouble if you ask me... Smile
I'm sure this question has probably already been answered somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find it. If I install this addon will I lose the set artwork that has already been added?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-08-07, 21:32)wgstarks Wrote: I'm sure this question has probably already been answered somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find it. If I install this addon will I lose the set artwork that has already been added?

No.
(2013-08-07, 21:33)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-08-07, 21:32)wgstarks Wrote: I'm sure this question has probably already been answered somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find it. If I install this addon will I lose the set artwork that has already been added?

No.

Thanks. So it will only set artwork for sets that haven't had art added manually? Or does it only set artwork for sets added after the addon was installed?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-08-07, 21:40)wgstarks Wrote: Thanks. So it will only set artwork for sets that haven't had art added manually? Or does it only set artwork for sets added after the addon was installed?

only set artwork for sets that haven't had art added manually.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6