[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
Halloween Surprise, I'm back from the dead with a new release! Sorry for my absence, my life has been crazy busy this year.

- Added support for Gotham with new video database version 76
- Added support for separate thumb/poster artwork
- Added support for banner.jpg, logo and clearart artwork
- Added setting to force database updates, to help with invalid texture caching
- Fixed mangled network artwork filenames on Windows

(2013-06-19, 15:49)mikebzh44 Wrote: Yes. Logo is now OK. I share my mod, if you (or someone else) is interested :
Thanks for sharing your mod. I have added support for these types too now, as well as allowing for separate folder vs poster artwork. If anyone wants to use the same artwork for both, just set the filenames to match (eg Thumbnail = "folder.jpg", Poster = "folder.jpg"). You could also comma separate the values so for example Poster = "poster.jpg, folder.jpg" would try to find poster.jpg, but fall back to folder.jpg

(2013-08-01, 01:05)StinDaWg Wrote: I have changed a few of my movie set fanart pictures, rescanned, and they are still showing the old pictures. How do I get it to update properly? I even tried manually changing them via the info dialog but they won't update. It's been 3 days.

Please try again with the new option "Enable forced database update" enabled. Normally if the selected artwork matches what is in the database the addon does nothing and moves on. With this enabled it will remove the existing row in the table and add a new one. This seems to kick XBMC into updating it's texture cache and fixing the problem (at least it did on my local machine).

If this doesn't help others, I may need to look into updating the texture db itself, like MilhouseVH does with his script. That, or do what i did with the original Eden release and perform a file copy to the thumbnail cache folder itself (eww).

(2013-08-04, 20:40)MilhouseVH Wrote: Just an observation from here, it appears that MSAA 0.1.8 is capable of creating slightly mangled artwork filenames depending on whether MSAA is run on Windows or Linux.

Anyway, I'd suggest all the os.path.join() calls are replaced by a function that joins the paths using either a forward or backward slash as appropriate for the path and not the current OS.
This has been fixed. Thanks for the tip!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator - by trentf - 2013-11-01, 07:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6