No playback after pause
Hey guys,

I have a problem with Frodo and NFS Share. After pausing a movie for a few minutes and want to play the movie again, there comes the message that the movie is no longer available. I checked the log file an fit says the path does not exist. After restarting xbmc it works again fine until the movie isn't paused to long.

Is there a timeout setting or something else for nfs?
debug log (wiki) using nfs on all my boxes and have never seen this. Also what is your server? (operating system and nfs software).

With "play the movie again" you mean resume from pause?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I switched back from the nightly builds 25.1. to RC3 and the Problem seems to be gone. I'll try today the latest nightly and have a look if this behavior come back.
you could also try frodo final...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I tested with the final now and it is the same problem. If i resume from pause the movie stops and the log says it cant found the network path.
Switched back to rc3 and it works fine. The Problem comes since a nightliy around the 25.01.

http://pastebin.com/9gZ3YCbf
nothing was changed in the nfs code latly. Does your nas spin down the harddisk?
No they don't spin down. And it works fine on rc3. I can't reproduce it, if I install the final.
what kind of xbmc screensaver are you using? Does it still happen when you use the dim or no screensaver?
you CAN'T reproduce it with frodo final? So frodo final is fine and only the nightlies are affected?
(2013-02-01, 23:55)Memphiz Wrote: what kind of xbmc screensaver are you using? Does it still happen when you use the dim or no screensaver?

I use dim. I can try it without tomorrow, but i dont think that this is the problem Smile
(2013-02-01, 23:56)Memphiz Wrote: you CAN'T reproduce it with frodo final? So frodo final is fine and only the nightlies are affected?

Ups sorry, i can reproduce it.
I tested again with the final Version two times.
on my first try, xbmc send a keep alive for NFS and resume after pause works fine.
10:35:02 T:115638272 NOTICE: NFS: sending keep alive after 180 s.

on my second try xbmc dont do this, loos the hole connection to nfs so i cant stat any file and xbmc is going down.

Screensaver was disabled completely on both tests.
Now i switched back to RC3 and tested for a while, it sends a keep alive every time

11:03:32 T:111964160 NOTICE: NFS: sending keep alive after 180 s
yeah the keep alive is the problem - though i did several tests yesterday and can't make it to not send the keepalive. So it always works for me. Something in your setup is different then mine - i see strange stuff happening in your log when you pause - some addon tries to fetch stuff from nfs which doesn't exist. Though i don't know which addon it is and why it prevents the keepalive - but somewhere there around is the bug. Maybe you can track it down a bit more?
I disabled some Plugins and thought it works now. Now i figured out, on first time pause xbmc is sending keep alive to nfs, but if i resume the movie and pause it again, it is no more sending keep alive commands.
Thats still not helping cause it works for me and dozens of others Wink - and i still can't imagine anything which would prevent the keep alive (i know you have that issue but i can't help you without beeing able to reproduce it).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No playback after pause0