[Eden] Slow playback + no sound
Alright, first of all, let me get all the relevant information out:
Debug log: http://www.pastebin.ca/2307956
XBMC version: 11.0 (git revision unknown, debian package from wheezy with version 2:11.0~git20120510.82388d5-1+b1, so supposedly the tree-ish would be 82388d5)
Linux distro: Debian Wheezy
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Install method: dpkg
Git revision: again, this is probably 82388d5

So, I have a few files (the legality of which might be dependent upon your jurisdiction, so I'm reluctant to just go ahead and link to them here) that I'm unable to play on XBMC. What happens is this: I get no sound, and the video playback is very slow. I have had absolutely zero problems playing even 1080p media, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. Instead, it appears that FFmpeg is unable to figure out what the correct codecs to use are, which in turn makes playback difficult.
I'm pretty sure this isn't something the XBMC developers can do anything about, as this is probably related to the ffmpeg builds in the debian repositories. However, I thought it would be best to at least let you know about this problem.

Finally, here are my observations: the problematic file I was playing uses the following codecs:
video: h264
audio: aac
The first problem appears to be that XBMC gets the metadata wrong: on line 24 of the pastebin'ed log, one can definitely see that ffmpeg thinks the framerate of the file should be 24.01, but later on (line 45), XBMC's CDVDPlayerVideo seems to think that the framerate is 119 (which is the bitrate reported by ffmpeg).
The second problem seems to be that FFmpeg is unable to do passthrough for the audio stream (line 53), but as I'm typing this, I realize that on later lines in the log, it seems audio decoding does in fact occur.

So could it be that my only problem here is that XBMC gets the metadata wrong, and that this is causing my problems?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Eden] Slow playback + no sound0