[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread
(2013-03-14, 21:30)saitoh183 Wrote: Thanks, Yeah im familiar with Git updating so i could just set it up it was really just for personal knowledge Smile You say that Skin naming has nothing to do with the skin...but it does for the settings of the skin. Like if you are using the Repo version which is named skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn once installed and then you configure the skin and all. in the guisettings.xml all the skin lines related to the skin will have skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn in the name (ie: <setting type="bool" name="skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn.HomeappButton5">false</setting>) Then if you decide to install the GIt version(via install from zip) for the first time so that you can be up to date it will install as skin.cirrus.extended.v3-master. Then when you start XBMC you wont have your configurations because the guisettings is looking for skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn and it will create a hole new section in your guisettings.xml that have skin.cirrus.extended.v3-master in the name. I guess you can just use a Git program to clone the files to skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn directly the first time around....well it was just a observation of mine

Yeah you are right, but I meant that the way github names the zip files has nothing to do with xbmc and the skins. It's just the standard github naming convention. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v3 - Support thread - by paradix - 2013-03-14, 21:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread6