• 12(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread
(2013-03-14, 17:51)saitoh183 Wrote: which version is the most up to date now? Git or repo? because my original installation is from repo and since the Git and Repo dont have the same addon.xml content nor the same naming structure (Repo : skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn .... Git: skin.cirrus.extended.v3-master) if you want to switch between the 2 you have to edit the folder name and the addon.xml. So i was wondering is it worth doing the modification from Git to repo or just wait from repo update cuz the delay of repo update to reflect Git changes is minimal?

Always the most up to date is the git version. Skin naming in git has nothing to do with the skin itself, master is the standard name of the head branch.
If you're familiar with the git version system you don't have to download the whole zip file every time. With a local clone of the git repo you could just fetch the differences whenever you like.

Passion repo is always at least a day behind. It also gives a unique name and addon version each time a new build is available. It has to happen like that so xbmc can notice that a new version is ready to update.

If it's worth making any modifications it's completely up to you - is it worth your time? Smile

(2013-03-14, 19:54)Kahlos Wrote: Thumbs are shown after the last fix.
But for seasons, thumbs for .iso files don't show.
For movies .iso is no problem but there the poster is shown and not the episode thumb.

Which views don't show the season thumb? Maybe the thumb problem with .iso files is xbmc and not skin related? I never had .iso files in my library so never noticed the problem.
(2013-03-13, 23:49)gates Wrote: Hi,

I had a bug from few day (dont know when exactly).
It's about extrafanart with tv-show (and maybe music).

When I go in TV show "A" (right list view - if it's matter)
extrafanart1 is diplayed, then extrafanart2 ...
After that i go back on all tv-show level and select (not enter in - just select) TV show "B" , it's displayed the good fanart, but 5 sec later, it's displayed extrafanart2 from TV show "A" instead "B".

Sorry, i have no debug log.
If some can take a look, and confirm or not this bug.

cheers
Well the problem really exists Smile I could reproduce it on my xbmc so I'll have a look at it.
(2013-03-14, 21:06)paradix Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 17:51)saitoh183 Wrote: which version is the most up to date now? Git or repo? because my original installation is from repo and since the Git and Repo dont have the same addon.xml content nor the same naming structure (Repo : skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn .... Git: skin.cirrus.extended.v3-master) if you want to switch between the 2 you have to edit the folder name and the addon.xml. So i was wondering is it worth doing the modification from Git to repo or just wait from repo update cuz the delay of repo update to reflect Git changes is minimal?

Always the most up to date is the git version. Skin naming in git has nothing to do with the skin itself, master is the standard name of the head branch.
If you're familiar with the git version system you don't have to download the whole zip file every time. With a local clone of the git repo you could just fetch the differences whenever you like.

Passion repo is always at least a day behind. It also gives a unique name and addon version each time a new build is available. It has to happen like that so xbmc can notice that a new version is ready to update.

If it's worth making any modifications it's completely up to you - is it worth your time? Smile

Thanks, Yeah im familiar with Git updating so i could just set it up it was really just for personal knowledge Smile You say that Skin naming has nothing to do with the skin...but it does for the settings of the skin. Like if you are using the Repo version which is named skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn once installed and then you configure the skin and all. in the guisettings.xml all the skin lines related to the skin will have skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn in the name (ie: <setting type="bool" name="skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn.HomeappButton5">false</setting>) Then if you decide to install the GIt version(via install from zip) for the first time so that you can be up to date it will install as skin.cirrus.extended.v3-master. Then when you start XBMC you wont have your configurations because the guisettings is looking for skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn and it will create a hole new section in your guisettings.xml that have skin.cirrus.extended.v3-master in the name. I guess you can just use a Git program to clone the files to skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn directly the first time around....well it was just a observation of mine

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Quote: Well the problem really exists

Good to know i'm not crazy Smile
... or maybe we're two :p

Let me know if you need some debug log, or anything that can help.
(2013-03-14, 21:30)saitoh183 Wrote: Thanks, Yeah im familiar with Git updating so i could just set it up it was really just for personal knowledge Smile You say that Skin naming has nothing to do with the skin...but it does for the settings of the skin. Like if you are using the Repo version which is named skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn once installed and then you configure the skin and all. in the guisettings.xml all the skin lines related to the skin will have skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn in the name (ie: <setting type="bool" name="skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn.HomeappButton5">false</setting>) Then if you decide to install the GIt version(via install from zip) for the first time so that you can be up to date it will install as skin.cirrus.extended.v3-master. Then when you start XBMC you wont have your configurations because the guisettings is looking for skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn and it will create a hole new section in your guisettings.xml that have skin.cirrus.extended.v3-master in the name. I guess you can just use a Git program to clone the files to skin.cirrus.extended.v3.svn directly the first time around....well it was just a observation of mine

Yeah you are right, but I meant that the way github names the zip files has nothing to do with xbmc and the skins. It's just the standard github naming convention. Smile
(2013-03-14, 21:06)paradix Wrote: Which views don't show the season thumb? Maybe the thumb problem with .iso files is xbmc and not skin related? I never had .iso files in my library so never noticed the problem.

I'll post a screenshot.

When i go to the episodes, all episode-thumbs are there and shown. But not in the recently added.
The Stargate Atlantis in the picture (which are there but with no picture) is an .iso, the two with picture are .mkv.
(2013-03-14, 21:58)Kahlos Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 21:06)paradix Wrote: Which views don't show the season thumb? Maybe the thumb problem with .iso files is xbmc and not skin related? I never had .iso files in my library so never noticed the problem.

I'll post a screenshot.

When i go to the episodes, all episode-thumbs are there and shown. But not in the recently added.
The Stargate Atlantis in the picture (which are there but with no picture) is an .iso, the two with picture are .mkv.

Does the Thumb show in the "Video Info Dialog" for the .iso files?
Hi

Thanx for adding logo on tv show widget. Work great for me.

Another suggestion:
Is it possible to allow submenu item like genre, actors, years for smartplaylist. Should be great for those who don't use main movie (and TVshow) entry on home menu. Maybe i ask to much but i really love this skin and suggestions keep this thread alive.

Anyway, thanx again Paradix. Keep up the good job
(2013-03-15, 11:53)GuiZ Wrote: Another suggestion:
Is it possible to allow submenu item like genre, actors, years for smartplaylist. Should be great for those who don't use main movie (and TVshow) entry on home menu. Maybe i ask to much but i really love this skin and suggestions keep this thread alive.

Is something like that even possible with smartplaylists? For now I doubt it, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep, possible in Aeon Nox.
When you activate a custom entry, it allow you to choose the submenu you want to add: exemple classic movie submenu.
(2013-03-14, 22:30)paradix Wrote: Does the Thumb show in the "Video Info Dialog" for the .iso files?

Yes it does.
And is see, that there is a little position error, see the screenshot.

And i found another error. When I activate weather-fanart in the skin settings and set the path to it, weather ("Wetter") appears two times in the main menu.

And where can I activate the logo for tv show widget? Or is this not available for horizontal view?
@Khalos
In skin setting (last Git version)
(2013-03-15, 15:47)GuiZ Wrote: @Khalos
In skin setting (last Git version)

Yes, but the clearlogo shows only in the list view, not the horizontal layout.
(2013-03-12, 22:50)saitoh183 Wrote: just a heads up, Special characters like "é" and "è" dont show

was this fixed?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-03-15, 16:57)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 22:50)saitoh183 Wrote: just a heads up, Special characters like "é" and "è" dont show

was this fixed?

I have Special characters like "é" but no problem for me. (As you can see on the screenshot, in my last post)
Are you sure you use the défault font?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread6