• 23(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread
I was wondering if is any way I can slow down the speed at which the home screen fanart changes. I know there isn't a setting for that, so is there an .xml file I could change to slow it down?

Thanks.
it should be under <timeperimage>8000</timeperimage> in the Home.xml around line 30.
Hi there,

I have been using Cirrus for years now and hardly ever update to the newest version. Last week I wanted to update the skin (I was already on v3) and found that after that I can't see my Movie Art and my TV Show Episodes anymore (all I see is black boxes where they used to be).

I switched back to the older version and I saw them again. Is there anything new I need to do in order to see the art again?

Another question I have is how I can put a Add on (TV Guide) on the Home Screen.

Thanks for the help and many thanks for the great skin! Smile

PS. In Cirrus V2 we had the option to have the Home Screen Fanart show fanart from art you already have. Is it possible to have this again instead of having a folder with predefined images?
there is always the point from where did you update? And to which version did you update.

To activate the TV Guide you need to install the script.tv.show.next.aired and have the TV Guide not hidden in the skin settings.

To enable the Home Screen Fanart you need to install the script.extendedinfo and enable the option in the skin settings.
(2014-01-29, 15:41)paradix Wrote: there is always the point from where did you update? And to which version did you update.

To activate the TV Guide you need to install the script.tv.show.next.aired and have the TV Guide not hidden in the skin settings.

To enable the Home Screen Fanart you need to install the script.extendedinfo and enable the option in the skin settings.

I used the link on the opening page of this thread, then downloaded the Zip from the github.

Does the script.tv.show.next.aired work together with the TV Guide addon? Cause I already have that Addon and it works, I just want to be able to select it directly from the home screen.
(2014-01-29, 15:49)black-ninja Wrote: I used the link on the opening page of this thread, then downloaded the Zip from the github.
you will be better of when you download the zip from here

(2014-01-29, 15:49)black-ninja Wrote: Does the script.tv.show.next.aired work together with the TV Guide addon? Cause I already have that Addon and it works, I just want to be able to select it directly from the home screen.
Do you want something like this

to open this?

(2014-01-29, 09:18)paradix Wrote: it should be under <timeperimage>8000</timeperimage> in the Home.xml around line 30.

Thansk for the help paradix, just what I was looking for.Big Grin
(2014-01-29, 17:44)paradix Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 15:49)black-ninja Wrote: I used the link on the opening page of this thread, then downloaded the Zip from the github.
you will be better of when you download the zip from here

(2014-01-29, 15:49)black-ninja Wrote: Does the script.tv.show.next.aired work together with the TV Guide addon? Cause I already have that Addon and it works, I just want to be able to select it directly from the home screen.
Do you want something like this

to open this?

Hi, sorry for the delay but I have been rather busy.

The pictures show the way I would like it. And I solved it! Big Grin

Turned out that I could use the favorite function. It now works great and I also used it for Live Radio! Smile

I now have the perfect XBMC! Big Grin

Thanks again for all your hard work on the skin!
Hi, how can i add logo to my games? i did not understand.... my games are with a default LOGO (in blue) that means no logo. Logo missing.

can you help me please? thanks
Hmm I never used the Advanced Launcher but I think you will need to put your logo PNG files into the following directory:
<skin_directory>/extras/games/logos/
Hi! First I wanted to say big thanks to everyone involved in contributing to this beautiful skin - few weeks ago I started building a "game room nerve center" so to speak out of XBMC, and all of the countless skins I've tried, this is seems to both be best looking and otherwise fit my needs the best! Awesome!

I do have one gripe/question though. As I said, what I want to use XBMC for is perhaps slightly unorthodox, as I plan to vanish movies and TV-shows and use it exclusively for games (via advanced launcher). Particularly, my aim is to use is not only as a catalog of games, but also a means of discovering new ones (and allow other users to discover new ones too). This means setting up e.g. very genres in very spesific manner, repurposing advanced launcher's publisher field as "series" tag etc. So what I (want to) end up with, are list of games from different platforms all together, e.g. all the games in the Gargoyle's Quest series, all 2D metroidvania games, ideally at some point even crazy customized Netflix style listings such as "2D Action games where your character is an animal that has that quirky Japanese flavor to it" etc.!

So my problem is this: Game boxes are of very varying sizes. You have NES boxes & standard DVD cases that are in upright position, SNES & N64 boxes that are on their side and various Game Boy etc. boxes that are squares. So is there no way the skin could depicher the image orientation from the file, instead of having presets for box orientation? Particularly, I LOVE the rigthlist view, it's perfect in every other way, but trying to use it with mixed list, some boxarts always get twisted. Logo view is very nice too and that only has one orientation.

So please help a noob out here, is this some inherent property of XBMC that can't be mended, or could this be fixed somehow? At the very very least, could the image be cropped instead of stretch out of proportions?

Thank you in advance for any advice & comments!
So, i decided to create updated versions of the logos for the Dolby Digital flags, for the new and old versions (gold and white),

Remember to make a backup of your flags!

Samples:

Download:

http://goo.gl/exSgdF

If you want any other flags changed i might be able to help.
Hi everyone,

I have a big favour to ask you guys. Lately I don't have much time to closely check every single thing for the upcoming Gotham release.
So I was hoping that you could report everything odd you notice while using/testing the latest Beta1/2 versions of XBMC Gotham.

I would appreciate all help you can offer.

Cheers
paradix
So if I wanted to make an additional view... How hard would it be? Would I just edit an xml file to how I like.. save as something new.. and it would show up? or no? I'm sorry for the dumb question. I am just having a hard time finding what I want. I was looking for a tv show view that was a wall with clearlogo's maybe 5x3 or 5x4.

Or is there a quick and easy way to make the wall view show clearart instead of posters? That would be the easiest fix..
Hi @paradix,

Any idea about when Gothan version be available?

Thanks for your work/time !!
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread6