[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread
Hi! First I wanted to say big thanks to everyone involved in contributing to this beautiful skin - few weeks ago I started building a "game room nerve center" so to speak out of XBMC, and all of the countless skins I've tried, this is seems to both be best looking and otherwise fit my needs the best! Awesome!

I do have one gripe/question though. As I said, what I want to use XBMC for is perhaps slightly unorthodox, as I plan to vanish movies and TV-shows and use it exclusively for games (via advanced launcher). Particularly, my aim is to use is not only as a catalog of games, but also a means of discovering new ones (and allow other users to discover new ones too). This means setting up e.g. very genres in very spesific manner, repurposing advanced launcher's publisher field as "series" tag etc. So what I (want to) end up with, are list of games from different platforms all together, e.g. all the games in the Gargoyle's Quest series, all 2D metroidvania games, ideally at some point even crazy customized Netflix style listings such as "2D Action games where your character is an animal that has that quirky Japanese flavor to it" etc.!

So my problem is this: Game boxes are of very varying sizes. You have NES boxes & standard DVD cases that are in upright position, SNES & N64 boxes that are on their side and various Game Boy etc. boxes that are squares. So is there no way the skin could depicher the image orientation from the file, instead of having presets for box orientation? Particularly, I LOVE the rigthlist view, it's perfect in every other way, but trying to use it with mixed list, some boxarts always get twisted. Logo view is very nice too and that only has one orientation.

So please help a noob out here, is this some inherent property of XBMC that can't be mended, or could this be fixed somehow? At the very very least, could the image be cropped instead of stretch out of proportions?

Thank you in advance for any advice & comments!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v3 - Support thread - by Aatos - 2014-03-07, 22:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread6